Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Wisconsin
Click Here to Login

Old 02-28-2011, 07:29 PM  

Anyone here ever charter a fishing trip on Lake Michigan?

It's been a few years now, but I was invited to go on a fishing trip with some coworkers. We drove to Racine (from Kansas). We were after the Coho Salmon. Equipped with outriggers, we hit the high sea (lake).

Trip was pretty successful, we each caught two. The captain was a blast, he kept yelling at the person reeling that his grandma could reel faster... and she was dead!

It was a pretty calm day, warm, and sunny. I couldn't have asked for a better trip.

If you ever get a chance, take it.

Old 02-28-2011, 09:10 PM  

Charlotte, NC
I think you meant chinook salmon. They are great, We go fishing whenever we can out of sturgeon bay. So much fun.

Old 02-28-2011, 10:01 PM  

You could be right, they were fairly large, but I'm pretty sure the Captain told us they were Coho. All I know, is it was a big fish.

I would have been happy to catch either..... and I would do it again in an instant.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:46 PM  

Charlotte, NC
I am not claiming to be an expert, only claiming to have local experience. I have been fishing out of Sturgeon Bay, WI all my life. I have always been told that they were shinook, regardless they taste great. Nothing quite like a few hour old salmon cooked on an open grill.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Wisconsin
Bookmark this Page!