Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Wisconsin
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-24-2010, 08:47 AM  

green bay, wi
Brewing up a storm here in green bay. An all grainer. Not high tech stuff, but thats the way I like it. I keg, but do bottle alot. Mostly brew stouts. Been crossing over to the wheat side now and then.

Old 11-24-2010, 12:08 PM  

Olathe, Kansas
[QUOTE=Waunabeer;43284]I've been brewing since July of this year and went from doing it on the stove and cooling it with an ice bath to having a dedicated brew room within 3 batches. I don't mess around. [/QUOTE

Wow! Nice set-up. Do you use a pump for your plate chiller?

Old 11-26-2010, 09:24 PM  

Milwaukee, WI
I just brew kits and tap them from my kegerator.

Old 11-27-2010, 07:32 AM  

Milwaukee, WI
I will be doing my first batch tomorrow! Ian using the extra pale ale kit from Northern Brewers.

TZ
Old 11-28-2010, 05:32 PM  

Milwaukee, WI
Another home brew from South Milwaukee checkin in. Brewing extracts and partials right now, havent climbed into the all grain. Anyone brewing all grain need a helper/learner, let me know! Eventually want to get into all grain, but want to see it done first.

Mike
Old 11-29-2010, 09:23 AM  

Stevens Point, WI
It's been a slow process of updating and improving my setup, this year entailed a move from kitchen to outside. It is nice except brew days get canceled due to rain. Central Waters makes the best beer in WI, come on, a continuously available russian imperial stout 8.5 abv for the same price as any other craft 6 pack.
Old 11-29-2010, 09:40 AM  

Milwaukee, WI
Also a Milwaukee home-brewer here. I have a 2 primary fermenter and 5 glass carboy secondary setup. Nothing fancy but it brews alot of beer, mead, and wine
Old 11-29-2010, 09:46 AM  

green bay, wi
Quote:
Originally Posted by criptrap View Post
Central Waters makes the best beer in WI, come on, a continuously available russian imperial stout 8.5 abv for the same price as any other craft 6 pack.
Heck ya. Love that beer. but I made the mistake of telling the same thing to the clerk at my on the way home store, and they raised the price. Can they do that?
Old 11-30-2010, 12:14 PM  

Evansville, WI
Been brewing for about 4 years now. Just racked to secondary the "Better Not Pout Stout" from the latest BYO Magazine.

No brewery in ND? Hmmm.... sounds like an area to try and copy cat what Sam did with Dogfish Head. Just sayin...

At least there is one brew pub in North Dakota - even if it is the Granite City chain --- (I'm not implying that GC is a bad brew pub - simply a chain)
Old 11-30-2010, 12:55 PM  

milwaukee, wi
Pretty much brew

Brew just about every other weekend now that Northern Brewer is in town.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Wisconsin
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.