Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Wisconsin
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-04-2011, 09:00 AM  

Algoma, Wisconsin
Senate Bill 368

Just another bill to look into

Old 01-04-2011, 11:34 AM  

green bay, wi
yo.. might be nice for a link once in a while.
because the next thing i am going to do is not going to be to look for one myself

Old 01-04-2011, 03:24 PM  

Algoma, Wisconsin
Google works well but I will get a link as soon as possible
Old 01-04-2011, 03:31 PM  

Algoma, Wisconsin
http://www.legis.state.wi.us/2009/data/SB-368.pdf
here you go
Old 01-05-2011, 06:15 AM  

green bay, wi
I waited a day to see that?
dang.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:41 PM  

Madison, Wisconsin
There were something around 10 cities in the state that had marijuana referenda on the ballots last November, most passed with something ridiculous like 75 or 80%.

I'm frankly surprised WI has taken this long to start this whole process.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:04 PM  

Janesville, WI
Not really something I am interested in. However, I don't see why it is more dangerous than alcohol. And WI loves it alcohol...

I don't think it is a healthy choice, but neither are tobacco and alcohol, so why does the government need to spend effort on outlawing it, right?

Might aswell let legitimate business make the money on it I suppose.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:47 AM  
jjl

WI
Nothing's going to happen for at least 4 years. Not with a republican congress and a republican governor.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:14 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
HTML Code:
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/plum-line/2011/02/dem_poll_republicans_turning_o.html
Quote:
Republicans turning on Scott Walker

By Greg Sargent
Everyone has already blogged on the forthcoming poll from the Dem firm Public Policy Polling, which finds major buyer's remorse in Wisconsin, with voters saying they'd support Scott Walker's opponent by 52-45 if they could hold a do-over election.
But I think this nugget from the poll is even more important, in terms of what lies ahead:
It's actually Republicans, more so than Democrats or independents, whose shifting away from Walker would allow Barrett to win a rematch if there was one today. Only 3% of the Republicans we surveyed said they voted for Barrett last fall but now 10% say they would if they could do it over again. That's an instance of Republican union voters who might have voted for the GOP based on social issues or something else last fall trending back toward Democrats because they're putting pocketbook concerns back at the forefront and see their party as at odds with them on those because of what's happened in the last month.
This is a Dem poll, but this finding -- that Republicans are turning on Walker -- is echoed by Gallup. Last week Gallup's national poll found that a startling 41 percent of Republicans oppose Walker's plan to roll back public employee bargaining rights.
The reason this matters is that in the days ahead, Dems and labor are going to intensify pressure on Republican state senators to break with Walker and support some kind of compromise route out of the current impasse. Walker himself seems to recognize this is a potential problem: On his call with the fake Koch, he acknowledged that Republicans in swing areas would need to be propped up by aggressive messaging.
Walker himself will not budge in this standoff. The only way Dems and labor can force a compromise is to peel off Republican senators. While the swing in Wisconsin GOP voters against Walker is not huge -- seven points -- it's something, and makes this possibility marginally more likely.
Old 03-01-2011, 01:04 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
The Wisconsin Lie Exposed ?

HTML Code:
http://blogs.forbes.com/rickungar/2011/02/25/the-wisconsin-lie-exposed-taxpayers-actually-contribute-nothing-to-public-employee-pensions/
Taxpayers Actually Contribute Nothing To Public Employee Pensions

Quote:
Gov. Scott Walker says he wants state workers covered by collective bargaining agreements to ?contribute more? to their pension and health insurance plans. Accepting Gov. Walker? s assertions as fact, and failing to check, creates the impression that somehow the workers are getting something extra, a gift from taxpayers. They are not. Out of every dollar that funds Wisconsin? s pension and health insurance plans for state workers, 100 cents comes from the state workers.Via tax.com

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Wisconsin
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads