Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Wisconsin
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-26-2011, 06:47 AM  

Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPJOOP93 View Post
I am curious to know if we the tax payers are paying for the hotel rooms in Illinios for the dems who ran away. if that was a private sector job they would have been fired by now. and i think there should be some repramand for their actions.
They are elected representatives of the people that voted for them, and they do exactly that, what THEIR voters want them to do !

If you don't like your private sector job, it is absolutely possible for you to run for office and get the same benefits that they do.

Before any of you continue to throw wild guesses into the world, I would recommend this interessting reading:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/25/op....html?emc=eta1

Old 02-27-2011, 07:29 AM  
jjl

WI
Quote:
Originally Posted by ih8pepl View Post
I just hope for a day when schools become private and PARENTS not tax payers pay for their childrens education.

I choose not to have kids - I shouldnt have to pay for your mistakes!
I don't have kids either, but by your line of logic, if someone else's kids find a cure for cancer, then you shouldn't be able to benefit from it should you ever get cancer. This is just so short sighted.

Old 02-27-2011, 10:18 AM  

Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjl View Post
I don't have kids either, but by your line of logic, if someone else's kids find a cure for cancer, then you shouldn't be able to benefit from it should you ever get cancer. This is just so short sighted.
I like this!
Because this is exactly what a lot of people tend to forget, todays school studends are our doc's, nurses, inventors, researchers and public leaders of tomorrow.

And they can only be good, if they received a good education today! And if teachers, professors and university teaching assistants are unhappy with their lot today! They will not be good teachers and will not give their best, if we, as a society refuse to pay them like similar educated people in the private industry (teacher and professor wages are about 25% lower than the wages of comparable educated workers in private industry).

Because of this, instead of cheering about what Walker tries to do, you should boo him, because it is your future that is on the line!
And that is the reason why I, as a person from the private industry are all for the protest of the public employees, because I want to have well educated doc's and other providers when I need them!
We already have a shortage of science and math teachers, and we sure will attract even fewer of them if we reduce their income possibility!
Old 02-27-2011, 01:57 PM  

appleton, wi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudsoner View Post
They are elected representatives of the people that voted for them, and they do exactly that, what THEIR voters want them to do !

If you don't like your private sector job, it is absolutely possible for you to run for office and get the same benefits that they do.

Before any of you continue to throw wild guesses into the world, I would recommend this interessting reading:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/25/op....html?emc=eta1
so the people that elected these people that ran away from the problem instead of facing it are doing what their constituants want them to do?
i dont think so.
Old 02-27-2011, 02:03 PM  

Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPJOOP93 View Post
so the people that elected these people that ran away from the problem instead of facing it are doing what their constituants want them to do?
i dont think so.
Well it seems so, bcause many of them are in Madison protesting the rather illegal actions of Mr. Walker, who himself seems to be on the employee list of the Koch brothers!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Wisconsin
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads