Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Wisconsin
Click Here to Login

Old 12-23-2010, 10:55 PM  

Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin
Personally I never thought much about it. I can't think of any instance when I (or anyone I know for that matter) would have benefitted from carrying a gun.

Old 12-24-2010, 06:24 AM  

green bay, wi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sconny View Post
Personally I never thought much about it. I can't think of any instance when I (or anyone I know for that matter) would have benefitted from carrying a gun.
please stop with this kind of talk.
how are the fanatics supposed to keep thier fear technique valid with this kind of lunacy.

now for the other side.

personally I never thought much about it. I cant think of any instance when I (or anyone I know for that matter) would have benefitted from carrying that dumb ass jack in the trunk of my car.
but when i need it, it will be there.

Old 12-24-2010, 02:07 PM  
The Amish wolfman...

Terre Haute, Indiana
Eelpout, i respect that you stand your ground, but please edit the profanities out of your post.
Old 12-24-2010, 11:43 PM  

I am a lifetime NRA member does that count? I normally only carry a weapon when hunting. I see no issue with CC or OC.
Old 12-25-2010, 06:56 PM  

Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin
Some people are fanatical for guns, some are fanatical against them. I'm neither; only answering the question "Are you guys fighting for the right to conceal carry?" The short answer is no, I'm fine with keeping rifles and pistols in my gun safe. I don't want or need to carry a gun with me everywhere, it can stay in the trunk with my jack until I need it. I don't expect anyone at cityprofile.com to read my response and change their mind about CC laws.
Old 12-28-2010, 06:15 AM  

green bay, wi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otahyoni View Post
Eelpout, i respect that you stand your ground, but please edit the profanities out of your post.
add another "s" to it der moderatorness
Old 01-02-2011, 02:16 PM  

SE WI
It seems that people in Northern WI never have a need for a gun but come live down here near SE WI and I think you may have different experiences. I sure would like the option to carry when I am out and about.
I also think a training class is a good idea, people should be familiar with what they have and how to use it.
Old 01-03-2011, 05:21 PM  

North of Wausau, Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by yotefever View Post
It seems that people in Northern WI never have a need for a gun but come live down here near SE WI and I think you may have different experiences. I sure would like the option to carry when I am out and about.
I also think a training class is a good idea, people should be familiar with what they have and how to use it.

Just about EVERY household in Northern Wi. has a gun, thousands have alot more then 1. Guns are a way of life up here, for hunting and protection. And thousands of Southern Wi. residents come to the north woods with their guns to hunt and for protection from wildlife that can be aggressive.

Wisconsin just went thru deer hunting with 600,000 hunters registered and that would include at least 1 gun for each person. No deaths except to deer.

The city folk who are keeping up with the Jones are the one's who may need a class on firearms. The people up here have been around guns for generations.

I personally won't mind being able to carry mine, is it needed, not until TSHTF and we are invaded by people who will try to take everything someone else has. At that point, not having a permit will not stop everyone here.
Old 01-17-2011, 12:54 PM  

La Crosse, WI
WI should have CC on the books, simple as that. You don't need to hear my diatribe, just pass the law already!

B
Old 01-17-2011, 12:57 PM  

North of Wausau, Wisconsin
It looks like a change in our gun law is coming soon.

Democrats and Republicans agree that a concealed carry law will pass the Legislature this session — and unlike the past two times, former Gov. Jim Doyle won't be around to veto it.

Gov. Scott Walker said this week he expects a concealed carry bill to emerge as early as spring — after the Legislature tackles more pressing issues like job growth and the budget — and that he will sign it.

"You're going to see a concealed carry bill pass the Legislature, I have no doubt," said Chris Danou, D-Trempealeau. "The question is what kind of bill it's going to be."

Wisconsin legislators expected to expand gun owner rights by spring

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Wisconsin
Bookmark this Page!