Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Wyoming
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-03-2010, 10:11 AM  

I bought a real nice water proof forest service map for like $20 while I was living in Laramie. It had just about every back woods road, 2 track, 4x, and hicking trail on it. I lost it though. One of my "buddies" took it from my glove box.
I remember there is a Happy jack road that runs between laramie and cheyenne kind of the back way. There were some trails just off it, as well as swimming resevours and an abandoned ski resort.

Old 12-15-2010, 01:56 PM  

Cheyenne, Wyoming
Those of us in Cheyenne usually find ourselves down in Colorado for trails.

Old 01-18-2011, 06:51 PM  

Laramie, WY
Bo, you need to join some of the club runs in the snowys, especially the annual opening of centenial ridge. Which last year we only made it 4 miles, Mitch, Jason and Will kept going I still don't know how much farther they went. Me, Andy, and Aaron turned back. my wich got a work out that day. I plan on hitting more trail this summer.
There are trails at Vedeuvoo off Happy Jack road. Be warned do not venture off the trails and get caught, fines of up to $25000 can be handed out, manatory federal court and vehicle impoundment. there is mellow trails up there, plus not far from Cheyenne.

Tim
Old 01-18-2011, 06:57 PM  

Cheyenne, Wyoming
Yea, I am hoping to make a snow bashing trip. My Jeep currently needs some things done to it for me to feel comfortable enough to get back on the trails.
8 rigs went over to Vedauwoo last weekend and had a good snow bashing time I heard. I should have went then since it was close to home.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:39 PM  

Laramie, WY
yeah, my new ZJ needs some tow hooks so I can play too. I have most the stuff off the explorer, and getting more soon. ( like the 4:10 8.8 )

Tim
Old 01-19-2011, 11:52 PM  

Rock Springs, WY
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyojeepZJ View Post
( like the 4:10 8.8 )
I like.
Old 02-06-2011, 06:49 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobE View Post
I remember there is a Happy jack road that runs between laramie and cheyenne kind of the back way. There were some trails just off it, as well as swimming resevours and an abandoned ski resort.
You're thinking of Vedauwoo

Rock Climbing at Vedauwoo, Wyoming. Your resource for climbing, hiking and camping at Vedauwoo.

Vedauwoo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There are some good hiking and beautiful vistas, all just minutes off the hiway. about 30 min from downtown Cheyenne.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Wyoming
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.