Home Forum Gallery Members Todays Posts

Alpena County Courthouse Rating: None

Michigan Attractions / Landmarks / Places > Alpena Email This Bookmark Print
After the first two earlier structures burned down in separate occasions in 1870 and 1932, the current Alpena County Courthouse was constructed in Alpena, Michigan using the Art deco style. It was designed by the Detroit architect William Kuni and constructed by the Henry C. Webber Construction Co. using poured Portland cement and local limestone.

According to its architect, the Alpena County Courthouse is the first monolithic poured building that has been built over the winter months in an area with a cold climate. Before this building was worked on, it was believed that doing such is impossible in the city, but work was needed during those times being the Great Depression era and all.

The Alpena County Courthouse is a part of the National Register of Historic Places since 1983.
Edit Article



Alpena County Courthouse Pictures Add Picture



Alpena County Courthouse Videos Add Video