Home Forum Gallery Members Todays Posts

Hardy Dam Rating: None

Michigan Attractions / Landmarks / Places > Big Prairie Email This Bookmark Print
The Hardy Dam is a powerplant complex using the Muskegon River to produce electricity. It was built in 1931 under the supervision of Edward M. Burd and named after one of the financers, George Hardy. Aside from its capabilities of producing up to thirty thousand kilowatts of power, the Spanish Colonial style buildings on the site are also very notable.

A number of parks are situated on Hardy Dam?s impoundment lake. This includes the Newaygo State Park, Newaygo County Sandy Beach Park, Ox Bow Park, Big Bend Park, and the Brower Park. This is why, various activities can be enjoyed on the site, particularly fishing and hiking.

The Hardy Dam is a Michigan State Historic Site and a part of the National Register of Historic Places.
Edit Article

Hardy Dam Pictures Add Picture

Hardy Dam Videos Add Video