Home Forum Gallery Members Todays Posts

Old Brick House Rating: None

Mississippi Attractions / Landmarks / Places > Biloxi Email This Bookmark Print
The Old Brick House was built by Biloxi?s ex-mayor and sheriff, Mr. John Henley. The land he built this middle-class home on was formerly owned by a Jean Baptiste Carquotte who got the property from the Spanish government as a land grant in 1784. Mr. Henley constructed the house very well using solid walls made of 3 layers of bricks.

For some years, the mid-19th century brick house had been neglected. But thanks to the concerned members of Biloxi?s garden clubs, the house was acquired by the city government of Biloxi. They aptly gave it the name ?Old Brick House?. They now operate is as a historic house museum and venue for community events.

In 2005, a storm hit Biloxi and since it was so near Back Bay, the historic house was almost destroyed. The restoration took 4 and half years to complete.
Edit Article

Old Brick House Pictures Add Picture

Old Brick House Videos Add Video