Home Forum Gallery Members Todays Posts

Rowan Oak House Rating: None

Mississippi Attractions / Landmarks / Places > Oxford Email This Bookmark Print
The Rowan Oak House had served as the family home for more than forty years for famed literary giant William Faulkner and his loved ones. The structure was built in 1844 and encompasses more than twenty-nine acres of ground known as Bailey?s Woods. In 1968, the property had been registered as a National Historic Landmark. A portion of the home?s latest renovations had been sponsored by bestselling writer John Grisham, who was also a graduate of the Ole and had a residence in the city.

The property had a re-dedication ceremony last May 1, 2005. Today, the Rowan Oak House is owned and managed by the University of Mississippi. William Griffith is the present curator for the house. Other curators in the past include writers Cynthia Shearer and Howard Bahr. Its original address had been 719 Garfield Road.
Edit Article



Rowan Oak House Pictures Add Picture



Rowan Oak House Videos Add Video