Home Forum Gallery Members Todays Posts

St. Gall?s Catholic Church Rating: None

Nevada Attractions / Landmarks / Places > Gardnerville Email This Bookmark Print
St. Gall?s Catholic Church was the first Catholic Church in Gardnerville, Nevada. It was established in 1919 in Douglas County and donated by Sam Imelli, a local merchant. St. Gall?s is an excellent model of brickwork found in many old valley buildings.

It was only utilized for Catholic services until 1984. The old St. Gall?s was not big enough to handle the growing number of worshippers in the community. The parishioners decided to make a new church with the same name. The services were transferred in a bigger facility not too far from the old one.

After the new church was built, the building was bought by Ronald and Lynne Cauley and Michael and Barbara Gibbons. It was renovated and was used as a private office space. Nowadays, the old St. Gall?s have a marker outside which is commonly known as the St. Gall?s Catholic Church Marker. It is reminiscent of the historical importance of the red bricked building. Inside the old church, the owners allow a self-guided tour.
Edit Article

St. Gall?s Catholic Church Pictures Add Picture

St. Gall?s Catholic Church Videos Add Video