Home Forum Gallery Members Todays Posts

Paulina Lake Guard Station Rating: None

Oregon Attractions / Landmarks / Places > La Pine Email This Bookmark Print
Located inside the Newberry National Volcanic Monument in central Oregon is the Paulina Lake Guard Station. The site was built by the Civilian Conservation Corps in 1938 to house seasonal employees that are tasked to patrol that area in the forest. Currently it is managed by the Forest Service.

Like most other guard stations inside national forests, the Paulina Lake Guard Station was constructed to ease the traveling hassles of Forest Service employees. They housed those who work in the summer for the agency so these employees won?t have to travel long distances on a daily basis anymore. It was built in the rustic style architecture, just like other cabins and guard stations in the country.

Currently, the Paulina Lake Guard Station houses the Paulina Visitors Center.
Edit Article



Paulina Lake Guard Station Pictures Add Picture



Paulina Lake Guard Station Videos Add Video