Home Forum Gallery Members Todays Posts

Wilson Castle Rating: None

Vermont Attractions / Landmarks / Places > Proctor Email This Bookmark Print
The Wilson Castle, which had been originally owned by Doctor and Lady Johnson, a Vermont native who had gone to UK to advance his medical studies. The castle?s planning and construction commenced in 1867 and took seven and a half years to complete. Unfortunately, the couple had only stayed in their castle for a short period of time before selling it in the 1880?s.

One of its owners had been Herbert Lee Wilson, a radio engineer who acquired rights to the property in 1939. He had installed a radio station WEWE in the castle?s old stable and the station continues to operate till today. Today, Wilson?s daughter Blossom maintains ownership and resides in the remade servants? quarters of the castle during the summer.

In the mean time, murder mystery tours are frequently held in the evenings at the Wilson Castle.
Edit Article



Wilson Castle Pictures Add Picture



Wilson Castle Videos Add Video