Home Forum Gallery Members Todays Posts

Old Stone House and Museum Rating: None

Virginia Attractions / Landmarks / Places > Richmond Email This Bookmark Print
Completed in 1836, the Old Stone House Museum is one of the many interesting 19th century structures found at the Brownington Village Historic District. The 55-acre property consists of six buildings in total, with the Athenian Hall serving as its main attraction. The Athenian Hall is a stone dormitory that once served as home to Reverend Alexander Twilight, the country?s 1st African American who successfully graduated from college and eventually became a legislator of Virginia.

At present, the Old Stone House Museum offers twenty-one rooms housing different exhibits, most of which concentrate on 19th century lifestyles typical in the state?s northern regions. Artefacts and displays found in the exhibits include period furnishing, photos and documents, textiles, various types of works of arts, and utensils and tools that were used in those days.
Edit Article



Old Stone House and Museum Pictures Add Picture



Old Stone House and Museum Videos Add Video