The Fowey Rocks Light is a historic lighthouse in Key Biscayne, Florida. It was built in 1878 and is still in operation today.
Located inside the Biscayne National Park, the Fowey Rocks Light was built as a replacement to the Cape Florida Lighthouse. Its construction was rooted from the beliefs that the earlier tower was not capable enough in warning ships away from the offshore reefs, which can be also a reason why the Fowey Rocks Light is situated in the waters. To make it withstand the outdoor elements, it was made in cast iron with a screw pile foundation.
The Fowey Rocks Light was only automated on May 7, 1974 and is still continuously being used up until today.