Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Alabama
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-03-2010, 08:34 PM  

Huntsville, AL
Any good walking or biking trails in the Harvest area?

My wife and I recently moved to the Harvest/Madison area in north Alabama, and we're still searching for some good walking/hiking/biking trails. Does anyone have some good recommendations, along with an estimate of the terrain difficulty? (We're not hardcore mountain bikers - just out for a relaxing ride.)

Old 11-28-2010, 06:12 PM  
Jeep Addict

Huntsville, AL
I don't know if you've found it or not, but Montesano has a lot of trails. The land trust has trails in different places around this area. I haven't been out there in a long time but the Rainbow Mountain park off Hughes Rd. used to have some trails. I believe it's now owned by the land trust. I've heard they bought Colonial Hills as well but haven't verified it. This was a place in North Huntsville with about 15 miles of trails. There's also a trail on Blevins gap that eventually ends up out on top of Green Mountain. Unfortunately most of the trails around here are somewhat rocky just due to the terrain so there's not very many easy mountain bike trails. Family loop on top of Montesano is pretty good as far as an easy trail that's also fun.

Old 12-17-2010, 07:17 PM  

Huntsville, AL
There's the Indian Creek Greenway in Madison. It's a very easy, paved ride along the creek. I walk my dog there and let my daughter ride her bike sometimes.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Alabama
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.