Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Alabama
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-05-2010, 01:42 PM  

johnson city, tn
coosa river??

hi folks,

i am currently a tennessean but was born and raised in AL. specifically i lived in southside AL for the first 10 or so years of my life. I use to live on the coosa river and loved it. miss it a bunch. i have recently been looking at transfering to a job back in the gadsden or birmingham area.

my question is concerning the coosa river through the southside, rainbow city, gadsden, birmingham area... when i lived there before, population was pretty sparse and property prices were pretty low (respectively). that was 20 years ago and i was wondering if the area has blown up or is it still pretty reasonable?

Old 10-06-2010, 09:53 AM  

Birmingham, Alabama
Its a shame because it is a beautiful city, but Gadsden is kind of a dead city right now. People are leaving there due to a lack of work. If i recall correctly the City even recently started trying to bill themselves as a retirement community. Property prices should be reasonable in the area. I know they are off the lake. They have a monthly "festival" type event downtown called First Fridays that is a lot of fun. Great car shows.

Old 10-13-2010, 11:42 PM  
jarnkm

Goodwater, Alabama
Gadsden

It is a shame that average town populations are dropping. The governmental desire to overlook the explosion of illegal immigrants/workers has had very much to 'assist' this tragic and growing problem. The employers that use this 'illegal labor source' have greatly overstepped their conscience in their desire to increase their financial income. Those who support this by buying the products from these businesses only make matters worse. Ignorance of the fact is little excuse. Public stupidity is the reason it exists. Apathy and complacency is destroying America ... one town/city at a time. Gadsden is a beautiful place and the people are very friendly(or were, back in the day).
Old 10-14-2010, 08:58 AM  

Huntsville, AL
From what I've heard, prices in that area have gone up quite a bit. It's still going to be cheaper than places like Huntsville or on the lake in Guntersville. But job opportunities in that area are sparse right now.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Alabama
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.