Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Alaska
Click Here to Login

Old 01-21-2011, 12:34 PM  

Rockwall
Alaska TV Show

I don't remember the name off the top of my head, but has anyone heard of/ watched the show which takes place in alaska? It's centered around a group of people laid off of work, hoping to make money by searching for gold in Alaska. It's pretty brutal, but extremely interesting. Any viewers?

Old 01-21-2011, 12:51 PM  

It's called Goldrush: Alaska. Although they initially filmed 4 episodes to determine if there would be a following, it obviously worked. It has me hooked. Tonight begins the new episodes on the Discovery Channel. I've already set up my DVR to record it.

Old 01-21-2011, 02:47 PM  

Shuswap, BC
Its okay, but after reading the blogs on it, I lost a lot of interest in the show, too fake.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:59 PM  

Fairbanks, Alaska
Not real Alaska

I have worked at several gold mines over the years and after watching some of the commercials I decided that the show would not be very informative if you want to learn to work a gold mine. The show looks like it is based on the peoples lives and not mining for gold.
Old 02-04-2011, 05:41 AM  

Castle Rock, Colorado
It is very entertaining for sure. Those people don't know their head from a hole in the ground.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:33 AM  
Traveler

I never did really get the reality shows, including that one. I'm sure it's me though.
Old 02-05-2011, 12:24 PM  

Shuswap, BC
Its more about people bickering, and being unorganized.
Worst was they try and claim a bridge is unsafe, but then make the truck drive back and forth on it several times trying to get dramatic footage. Their paranoid of bears, in the bush bears are just a normal part of life, but a group of people that big, and armed with that many guns, must be acting to be that scared of a couple bears.

And they waste so much time building houses and crap, not mining its insane.

I wish it was about real people, really serious about finding gold, and that the people were not so stupid, and bitchy.
Just mine properly, or go home.
Old 02-05-2011, 03:01 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Yah, your better off to watch Ice Pilots or Deadliest Roads on History.ca.
There's some really great reality shows to watch at Videos - History Television
Old 02-06-2011, 02:51 AM  
Supporting Member

Krum, Tx
As seen on YouTube.

YouTube - Gold Rush: Alaska- Glimmer of Hope
YouTube - Alaska Gold Rush Part 1
Old 02-20-2011, 01:06 PM  

Most Alaska reality shows that actually last are fake as anything. Deadliest Catch is an exception, though...it's pretty spot-on. ice Road Truckers is ridiculous, and these smaller new shows are laughable. The ones that are realistic tend not to last long..i.e. Alaska State Troopers.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Alaska
Bookmark this Page!