Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Alaska
Click Here to Login

Old 02-26-2011, 07:50 AM  

Fake or not I am hooked I have been obsessed with it since episode 1. I dont think its fake as much as the producers leave out tons of info cutting and splicing the show to suit their story and not really the story of the miners. Well that seems to be the standard forum for reality TV.

Old 02-26-2011, 10:31 AM  

Kodiak, Alaska
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKGeo
Most Alaska reality shows that actually last are fake as anything. Deadliest Catch is an exception, though...it's pretty spot-on. ice Road Truckers is ridiculous, and these smaller new shows are laughable. The ones that are realistic tend not to last long..i.e. Alaska State Troopers.
Actually even Deadliest Catch isn't that real. Let's just say there's a lot of "coaching" of what to say. Speaking from personal experience.

Old 02-26-2011, 12:00 PM  

What's said and what occurs are two different things. I have never watched reality TV for the dialogue, but the performance and scenarios. The filler drama is just white noise to me. The Gold Rush: Alaska is just a bunch of idiots digging holes, not really knowing what they're doing at all. I'm entirely convinced that they're just actors hired to look stupid in an already-scripted and choreographed circus they call "mining".
Old 02-28-2011, 04:06 PM  

Juneau, Alaska
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicy_McHaggis View Post
Actually even Deadliest Catch isn't that real. Let's just say there's a lot of "coaching" of what to say. Speaking from personal experience.
I don't care if the talk is scripted and the footage is only of the most dramatic moments, deadliest catch delivers epic-ness season after season. The weather and work they endure is crazy.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Alaska
Bookmark this Page!