Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Alaska
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-29-2010, 12:20 PM  

Miami, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfausmith View Post
What I would do is to take the ferry from Seattle to Hanes and then drive the rest of the way up.
It is just what I have in mind. I just noticed that I never placed the link for the main page on this thread, you can check your route HERE

Old 12-29-2010, 04:12 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
I just sent you a gmail Vizoo.
With your permission I'll post updates about your little road trip here on cityprofile.
Once again, good luck, and if you are ever stuck or bored anywhere along the way don't forget to ask here for help.
I'm pretty sure there will always be someone ready to pull you out or buy you a beer, where ever you may be.

Old 12-30-2010, 11:47 AM  

Miami, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiponredTJ View Post
I just sent you a gmail Vizoo.
With your permission I'll post updates about your little road trip here on cityprofile.
Got it, you're listed! :-)

Please fell free to spread the word about the trip. I will publish a page explaining how people who wants to join, can get into Google Maps, mark their entering and leaving point, save and send it to me. I will use it to try to find common points where the people joining in can meet the ones leaving, it will be fun!!
Old 12-30-2010, 02:20 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
I will.
I really liked your video.
It's really nice to see families that still do things together
mainpage
Old 01-18-2011, 10:49 PM  

Tallahassee, Florida
I have a similar crazy idea, expect i dont at all plan on driving back down to south America. Im in Tallahassee, and am playing with the idea of driving to Prudhoe Bay and back. I think I'll take the fairy back and drive on the way up. How long do you think it will take to to get there from Miami?
Old 01-19-2011, 09:24 AM  

Fairbanks, Alaska
nkorep2 - To drive from Miami to Fairbanks will take you about 10 days depending on how many hours you will be driving a day. I drove from Seattle to Fairbanks in 3 days which was very hard. I didn't stop for anything except gas for most of the trip. I did spend the night in one town half way through my trip. The drive from Miami to Seattle should take you about 3 - 4 days. Driving from Fairbanks to Prudhoe Bay will take you two days there and two days back.

As a side note, I would think that if you were going to be driving to Alaska the best time of year would be May, June or July. Usually all the snow is gone in the Fairbanks area by the first week of May. Let me know how your trip goes. With luck I just might be in town (Fairbanks) when you are passing through.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:37 AM  

Fairbanks, Alaska
Make one change

Vizoo,

I would like to suggest one change to your trip so you can see a little more of Canada and Alaska that you are going to otherwise miss. When you get to Whitehorse continue up to Dawson and then you can take the Taylor highway back into Alaska. (The Taylor highway should be repaired by then) Also, most of the snow is gone from the Fairbanks area by the first of May.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:19 AM  

Miami, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkorep2 View Post
I have a similar crazy idea,(...) How long do you think it will take to to get there from Miami?
Its not crazy, the roads are there for us to use

I cannot tell you exactly how long will it take because we are doing this trip with no schedule. But we must arrive in Alaska in July, check my "Timing" graphic in HERE

Our plan is to leave Miami (or Key West) around the last week of May or first week of June because we want to go through some national parks and ghost towns on the way.

Our basic route is also in that link, check if it is something like you wanted and join us.

Regards

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Alaska
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads