Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Alaska
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-09-2010, 08:41 PM  

R.I.P. Phil!

Old 10-12-2010, 01:13 AM  

North Pole, AK
Don't cruise!!! the packages are little more than cattle drives. Get in here, look at that, get back in here, go there look at that.

Jump on plane to Anchorage or Fairbanks, get a rental car and a map and drive. Find the small towns on the road system see the scenery on your own schedule, hop on the ferry to Seattle and catch a flight back home.

I drove a bus for Princess Cruises and saw what they billed as the "authentic AK experience" Poo!

Old 10-12-2010, 07:57 AM  

I agree that cruises give an abbreviated view of the country, but most only have limited time to see as much as they can. I've taken 8 state road trips in the past, which was nice, but with the kids with us, all I remember is, "When are we gunna stop?", "I have to go to the bathroom!", "Are we almost there?", and "I'm so bored!"
Old 10-15-2010, 09:42 PM  

port charlotte, florida
my wife and I arew going to to on a cruse to al after my fishing seasion is done down here in fla, I hear its a really great getaway
Old 10-16-2010, 07:42 PM  

Middleburg, Florida
Took my wife on a 7 night Vancouver to Seward last Sept. for our 10 year on Radiance of the Seas, Royal Caribean. We flew from Jacksonville. It was well worth the money. We booked around Jan for an inside state roomlow in the boat and watched the prices come down and upgraded to 9th floor balcony st. for $200 more. We'll do again but go a day early to see Vancouver and add toe train up to Denali after.
Old 10-19-2010, 01:32 PM  

Munising, Michigan
I've driven from Michigan up to Anchorage and down to Homer and back. It was a great drive and I would not hesitate to do it again, but it seems like it would be a whole different experience on a cruise. The views of the glaciers must be really cool.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:48 PM  

san diego, CA
Last summer I drove from San Diego to Seattle then took the Holland America cruise to Alaska. First cruise ever for me and it was fantastic. Got to see a little of each place we stopped but did not do any of the organized tours.

It was fairly cheap, the weather was great (last week of June), the food was good, the room was nice. An all around good time. As I recall it cost about $1800 for the week for two people including tax, tip, drinks, the works; everything except getting to Seattle.

I have traveled everywhere, all over the US, by plane and car and it sure was nice to unpack once and wake up in a new city every morning. Next time to AK I would probably fly in and stay in one place for a while.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Alaska
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.