Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Alaska
Click Here to Login

Old 10-05-2010, 02:11 PM  
AWD

Oregon City, OR
Looking for a reasonably priced fishing lodge?

I am planning one taking my dad on a fishing trip in alaska next summer but I am getting sick of looking at places that want $4-6k per person for a 4-5day trip!

We want a place where we can fish for Halibut and Salmon.

Any ideas?

Old 10-05-2010, 02:12 PM  
AWD

Oregon City, OR
Oh and it can be anywhere in Alaska

Old 10-06-2010, 09:31 PM  

The big village, Alaska
You can do both on the Kenai peninsula, go to Deep Creek or Homer for halibut, and Kenai or Kasilof for salmon. Come up in late June for some late night sun and some great fishing. Being a local I don't stay in lodges so I can't recommend any, sorry.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:18 PM  

Denver, Colorado
Ahhh......Fishing in Akaska, it doesn't get any better. I took my two sons up a few years ago and got a high dollar bed and breakfast in the Soldotna. I spent way too much money and after looking around town I discovered there are some inexpensive motels like motel eight. We did one day of King Salmon fishing on the Kenai and two days of halibut fishing. A bout 15 are 20 miles out of town toward Homer is where we did our halibut fishing. Nonresidents are allowed to catch one King Salmon per year each and are allowed three halibut each per day. We caught our limit on all trips. We went up the end of June and stayed for six days over Fourth of July. We brought back 245 pounds of cleaned vacuum packed and frozen fish. My suggestion is for each of you to take a 48 quart cooler as a suitcase and pack in it a duffel bag. Anchorage airport is used to seeing coolers as check bags. We merely pulled our clothing out and put it in the duffel bag and took the coolers back full of fish. The place that we did the halibut fishing cleaned and vacuumed packed our fish for us and there are places in town that will freeze it and store it for you until your flight. You will need to rent a car at the Anchorage airport to get to the Kenai Peninsula and for transportation of all their but I would look for it inexpensive motel instead of the bed and breakfast.

Have fun and good luck

EDIT; The Halibut fishing we did was at J & J charters
Old 10-08-2010, 09:54 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug-N-AK View Post
You can do both on the Kenai peninsula, go to Deep Creek or Homer for halibut, and Kenai or Kasilof for salmon. Come up in late June for some late night sun and some great fishing. Being a local I don't stay in lodges so I can't recommend any, sorry.
X2

great advice.

I've done this trip and it cant be beat.

look into all alaska outdoors

$1100 plus a way to get there and ur set
Old 02-02-2011, 12:24 PM  

Rent an RV. Lots of space at Wal-mart or Fred Meyers

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Alaska
Bookmark this Page!