Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Alaska
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-08-2010, 07:44 PM  

Milwaukee, WI
I lived there for 9 years and am working on convincing my wife to move back. Alaska is amazing if you enjoy the outdoors and are a hard worker. The outdoors is self-explanitory. The hard working part is because there is a lot of money to be made up there, if you like to work and are a good worker. Go for a visit, stay for a lifetime. The schools are great the further south you go in Anchorage.

Old 12-20-2010, 03:13 AM  

Fort Worth, Texas
That environment would get OLD in a hurry. The cold, the snow, the sneaky bear's, and Alaska is a state NOT known for it's K thru 12 education outcomes. If, your mind is set on going then there is NO amount of reasoning people can provide for you that would actually change your mind. If it's the ADVENTURE, well then that is an entirely different argument... Your child may suffer with the poor schools..

Old 12-20-2010, 11:16 PM  

The big village, Alaska
That's pretty harsh bootspur, you speak from experience or just speculating based on hearsay. I think texans are still a little sore about Alaska becoming a state. If you cut Alaska in half texas would be the third largest state. Sorry 'bout that texas.
Old 12-22-2010, 09:32 AM  

Chugiak/Eagle River, AK
Sarah Palin's AK

I like her Alaska the best! Sometimes I have to think how good I have it when the float plane picks me up off my private dock in the backyard to fly me to my next adventure in the big wild...http://www.cityprofile.com/forum/ima...es/cheers2.gif

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Alaska
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.