Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Alaska
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-02-2010, 09:35 PM  

The big village, Alaska
The Dividend is paid to residents not taxpayers, though we get taxed on it as well.

Old 12-03-2010, 12:04 AM  

Las Vegas/Anchorage, NV
Thanks everyone for the advice. I finally arrived today in anchorage so let the fun begin.

Old 12-04-2010, 09:47 AM  
Brew Master Nate

Anchorage, Alaska
Pizza and beer at the Moose's Tooth, good greasy spoon at the City Diner on Minnesota, if you love Guiness theres McGinleys downtown, if you like sushi my suggestion is Ichiban on Tudor, and if you would like some home brew, just aske me, I've got a Scottish Ale that will be ready about a week after you start working.

lainatancontrolledchaos.blogspot.com
Old 12-08-2010, 07:47 PM  

Milwaukee, WI
Central Park apartments, off Fireweed on D St. are great and centrally located within the city. I lived there for 5 years and never had a problem. There are a lot of great places, but stay away from Mt. View. Sounds like a wonderful place, but it's not.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:48 PM  

Milwaukee, WI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lainatan View Post
Pizza and beer at the Moose's Tooth, good greasy spoon at the City Diner on Minnesota, if you love Guiness theres McGinleys downtown, if you like sushi my suggestion is Ichiban on Tudor, and if you would like some home brew, just aske me, I've got a Scottish Ale that will be ready about a week after you start working.

lainatancontrolledchaos.blogspot.com
Don't forget Cheechako's on Fireweed for some great times.
Old 12-09-2010, 11:24 AM  

Anchorage, Alaska
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickSully View Post
Thanks everyone for the advice. I finally arrived today in anchorage so let the fun begin.
Way cool Nick get settled in!
Old 12-15-2010, 10:30 PM  

evans mills, new york
Hey, im on my way up to AK starting friday
Old 12-28-2010, 01:53 PM  
Champion Bearder

Amarillo, TX
Anchorage

I've been out of AK for 2 years and we're missing it quite a bit. It's fun to read where everyone suggests to go. I loved to go to Snow City Cafe and have breakfast or some carrot cake. Arctic Brewing Supply is the place for a homebrewer. And we rode bikes almost every day the last summer I was there, taking the trails through the city from Muldoon to the coastal trail. Do it all, it's a great place!
Old 12-28-2010, 08:37 PM  

Sarasota, Florida
If you want some really good beer take a trip to the midnight sun brewery, its in an industrial part of town and I think their is a 2 pint limit for consumption on location. Its well worth the trip to sample what they have and take home some very delicious beer.
Old 01-01-2011, 02:34 PM  

Palmer, Alaska
Make sure to check out Moose's Tooth, the best brewpub in Anchorage and ranked #1 restaurant by TripAdvisor long time running. Welcome, and I hope you enjoy Alaska. Get out of Anchorage though, *real* Alaska starts 45 miles north of there!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Alaska
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads