Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Alaska
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-12-2011, 08:27 AM  
LwJ

Frisco, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipLash View Post
Have a beer at Chilcoot Charlies in Anchorage. This place is very large and has multiple music stages. Good luck in Alaska. Alaska is beautiful but it is also dangerous. There are many ways to just go missing so use caution and talk with other knowledgeable people about any activity you plan on doing. Just a word to the wise.
Curious about your statement about going missing.. are you saying there's a lot of killings up there?

Old 01-12-2011, 03:46 PM  

Huntington, WV
LUCKY, lol. man i would love to live up there. you should post up some pics of the surounding landscape.

Old 01-31-2011, 03:33 PM  

Luck man. I put in for a transfer through work for an opening in Anchorage. Unfortunately, so did a lot of other folks. I didn't get it. My family was looking forward to moving up there as it looks/sounds like a great place. Hopefully something will open up again soon.
Old 02-01-2011, 12:40 AM  

Las Vegas/Anchorage, NV
Recent album from earlier this year (click)
Old 02-02-2011, 12:31 PM  

Anchorage, Alaska
give peace a chance

Quote:
Originally Posted by LwJ View Post
Curious about your statement about going missing.. are you saying there's a lot of killings up there?
I think he is saying is nature is trying to kill you. Hope for the best but plan for the worst. Do not be like that idiot who died in the bus and had a movie made about him. Falling into Alaska waters can kill you in 5 min. Getting lost in the woods is not like the states where you walk a mile and there is a road. It is easy to be in places where nobody has been before, so help is probably not on the way. You are on your own.

As far as predictors go (four legs and two) be prepared, I have never had a problem, but I usually go where people are not. Knick river and glacier is a anarchy place where stupid people do stupid things (booze and guns do not mix) I would not be afraid when you meet people up here, we do have carzies up here like everywhere else but like the song says "do not fear the reaper. I carry when in the netherlands, most smart people do and guns make people polite. Any non criminal can leagally carry and conseal in Alaska. criminals do not care about the law anyway. Like I said hope for the best but plan for the worst, I carry because of Bears but while I have it on...

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Alaska
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.