Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Alaska
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-09-2010, 04:58 PM  

Anchorage, Anchorage, Alaska
New Pool Hall In Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith from Jeep forum
know you post in the Wrangler forums mainly and not so much in General Discussion but could really use your help.

I'm helping on a little project dedicated to States and Cities. A forum to discuss local news, schools, real estate, events, politics, places to visit, eat, etc. etc.

Address: http://www.cityprofile.com/

Needs some threads in both States and Cities. Local events, current political issues, local issues, places to visit, eat, etc. Would really appreciate your help with that.
Hi!

Posting something at the request of Keith from Jeep Forum, to help get this place started. For that reason, I hope it isn't concerned spamming the board.

Just wanted to let people know there is a new pool hall in town called Beluga Billiards (http://www.alaska8ball.com). It has the best deal in town too. There is a general admission fee of $5.50 before 6:30PM and $6.50 after 6:30PM. There is no hourly fee. That is the cheapest deal in town, by far.

They have pool, billiards, ping pong, darts, foosball, air hockey, XBOX, Wii, internet, WIFI and more. You can do ALL of it for just the general admission fee and no hourly fee. You can hang out as long as you like. There is an ATM and jukebox on site.

They also run a clean, punk-free environment, which is family-friendly (all-ages welcome). They are working on putting in a snack bar for soups, sandwiches, pizza, nachos, pretzels, juices, etc.

They offer pool tournaments every Tuesday and Wednesday at 7:00PM (please arrive a little early) and one Saturday per month at 6:30PM - see their website for details (www.alaska8ball.com). They are also trying to get an after school pool league going for kids in middle and high school, so be sure to check that out too.

I think that's about it.

Old 09-12-2010, 10:39 AM  

The big village, Alaska
Sounds cool, we've been needing a decent place to shoot some pool. My favorite place was Son of River City Billards about 16 years ago.

Old 10-01-2010, 12:19 AM  

Eagle River, Alaska
how is the billiard place on C street in midtown, just down from bostons, i think its called billiards palace or something like that
Old 10-01-2010, 02:08 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomjohnson View Post
how is the billiard place on C street in midtown, just down from bostons, i think its called billiards palace or something like that
Billiards Palace. It's a nice place - a "classy" pool hall. It's also a full bar, which means you have to be 21 to go in there. They also charge by the hour. It's $9/hr for two people. At Beluga Billiards, it is a flat rate - a single fee, no matter how long you play, and all ages are allowed.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:50 AM  

Anchorage, Alaska
I will have to check it out. I have been to billiard palace a few times, but that hourly charge can build up quick. The new place sounds like fun for my girlfriend's kids too. Thanks for letting us know about it.
Old 10-04-2010, 03:15 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougiefresh22 View Post
I will have to check it out. I have been to billiard palace a few times, but that hourly charge can build up quick. The new place sounds like fun for my girlfriend's kids too. Thanks for letting us know about it.
You betcha (:

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Alaska
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.