Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York > Albany
Click Here to Login

Old 12-01-2010, 01:45 PM  

Albany, New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by dap325 View Post
Although still not bigger than Hennessey, Hammersmith has expanded into the space that was next to them, so they have a little more room now. I love supporting the local stores and I do it when I can, but online is just so much cheaper.
Agreed. I proudly will support local business, but most of my stuff comes from online orders, too.

Hammersmith seems like the perfect place for new homebrewers to start, whereas Hennessey has a lot more stuff for some more experienced homebrewers (not that I think they wouldn't help out new homebrewers as well...)

Old 12-02-2010, 01:30 PM  

Albany, New York
love homebrewing! have an oatmeal stout in the secondary right now. cant wait!

i usually get my supplies on line and at Hennessy Homebrew Emporium in Rensselaer

Old 12-02-2010, 08:36 PM  

Albany, NY
Not really homebrewing related, but I have an Old Rasputin spiced chocolate cake in the oven right now. Gonna throw some chocolate and coffee ganache on top once its out of the oven. I'm baking it for a fellow beer lovers birthday tomorrow. Can't wait to see how it turns out.
Old 12-10-2010, 07:00 AM  

DC, Northern VA
Hammersmith is a good LHBS, I grew up in Albany but now live in VA. Wish I could get some Middle Ages brew down here
Old 12-10-2010, 07:34 AM  

Schenectady, NY
Just getting started

I live in the Schenectady area and just started Homebrewing this summer. It's been a great way to spend time in the house while the kids sleep and the wife's off at work.

I've been joined on the learning curve by one of my co-workers, and we have 4 batches under our belt with 2 more planned for the weeks between now and Christmas, including our first stab at making our own recipe: An Oak and bourbon infused dark beer for the dark months.

This weekend is our company Christmas party and we're contributing a batch of Hop-head double IPA for the general merriment.

Will let you all know how it turns out.
Old 12-16-2010, 08:01 AM  

Albany, NY
I was into Homebrew many years ago when I lived in the UK, and have been thinking about getting back into it.

Since all my supplies are in the UK and my memory is hazy (probably due to the brew) any pointers on resources to get going again.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:11 AM  

Albany, NY
HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.
Old 12-21-2010, 06:37 AM  

Red Hook, NY
For homebrewers in the greater albany area check out the The Saratoga Thoroughbrews Saratoga Thoroughbrews

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York > Albany
Bookmark this Page!