Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York > Albany
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-16-2010, 08:03 AM  

Albany, NY
Winter Days out with Kids

So before cabin fever sets in, anyone have some good suggestions of places to go with kids in and around Albany during the winter months?

We are relatively new to the area and are looking to get out and about.

Old 12-16-2010, 10:09 AM  

Albany, NY
Check this out...

The seize the deal for Albany today is something worth looking into. The Bounce Around Family Fun Center. I've never taken my son there, but its worth a shot at 1/2 price. Use me as your reference by following the link above if you're interested.

Depending on the age of your kids, theres

Home - Albany Indoor Rockgym | airrockgym.com

http://www.afrimsports.com/

Than theres bowling, ice skating, or walking around the mall just to get out of the house. Don't forget the Holiday Lights in Washington Park.

Old 12-19-2010, 11:33 AM  
Class Clown

Schenectady/Albany, NewYork
There's a place called Leap pad on RT9 in Malta that my kids LOVE.Several of my sons classmates have had birthdays there and we've been a couple times just to play.
It's just up the Northway from Albany,exit 12,RT67 east,RT9 south 1/2 mile or so on the left.
Old 12-21-2010, 06:44 AM  

Red Hook, NY
Depending on how old the kids are, and how far you want to travel, you can get a little "culture" at Olana State park. Olana: the Persian style home of Hudson River artist Frederic Edwin Church
Old 12-28-2010, 05:14 PM  

Albany, NY
I would recommend heading over to Maple Ski Ridge or Jiminy Peak for some skiing. MSR is quite smaller and a better environment for kids to learn. Jiminy Peak will be the next step if your kids decide its something they enjoy.
Old 01-26-2011, 10:19 AM  

New York
A friend told me that HVCC has a ice skate rink thats open on weekends. I havent been there, just hearsay.

The last two weeks we hit up bouncehouse places. One in Hudson, and one in pitsfield.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:44 PM  

Lots of local sledding
Also tubing at west & jiminy

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York > Albany
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads