Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Michigan > Ann Arbor
Click Here to Login

Old 02-04-2011, 11:47 AM  

Gyms?

Where do you like to work out in town? I have seen some but just doesn't seem to fit anywhere. Oh, they also have to have child care and free weights.

Old 02-21-2011, 07:51 PM  

Where are you in town? There is the YMCA on Huron which is nice, there is also the WCC gym over on the east side/Ypsi which is REALLY nice. And there are your standard Bally/planet fitness/ gold gyms all over. But if you don't mind paying a little extra go to Washtenaw Community College gym. That place is great.

Old 02-23-2011, 02:28 PM  

Kalamazoo, MI
I recently signed up with the downtown YMCA due to cost and convenience. Their facilities are great except for their total lack of a decent free weight section. It is alright if you want to build upper body strength but that is about it because they don't even have a squat/power rack or a decent spot to deadlift. I also wish they had more then 4 proper stationary bikes/spinning machines (which still have ungodly uncomfortable saddles).
But still their low cost trumps my complaints.
Old 02-28-2011, 03:22 PM  

Ann Arbor, MI
I work at Liberty Athletic Club but I wouldn't recommend it because it is pricy. But due to the higher costs, you have a lot more room to workout and no waiting for machines or free weights.
Old 03-12-2011, 07:31 PM  

Liberty is sweet, I agree. But you might want to work on your first million first. If you're on the west side of town it isn't terrible.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Michigan > Ann Arbor
Bookmark this Page!