Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona
Click Here to Login

Old 11-14-2010, 08:52 AM  
Tea Party Liberal

Mesa, Az
Superior, Az pics

Abandoned Sprouse-Reitz Main St

Old hotel that can be restored Main St

Old building street unknown

Note the bougainvillea to the left Main St

What I find sad and disturbing is why Superior, Az. has 'not' been discovered by the artsy types since housing is dirt cheap (try under $50K for a place with decent bones and is still inhabitable) and excellent weather as in Phoenix temp (42F) night time lows in the winters that allow growing of bougainvillea, citrus, etc. along with 15-20" avg. rainfall totals per year coupled with avg. highs of ca. 97F in July. Add in pretty scenery and excellent road connections (US 60).

Frankly; if I could secure a job within 30 miles of there...........

The sucky part is very poor shopping but, Globe is 24 miles one way and, AJ/Mesa are 30-40 miles the other via good roads.

Old 11-14-2010, 09:12 AM  

Eureka, Montana
Well, if those other towns for shopping are 30 to 40 miles from Superior, and the roads are pretty good, that doesn't seem like a bad commute.

Up here in NW Montana a lot of people commute 50 to 60 miles to Kalispell for jobs. And we have to fight the snow part of the year.

I'd love to buy that old hotel and restore it. Nothing's selling up here, though, so until it does, we're stuck among the "frozen chosen" in the north.

Old 11-14-2010, 08:07 PM  
Tea Party Liberal

Mesa, Az
Quote:
Originally Posted by hermit View Post
Well, if those other towns for shopping are 30 to 40 miles from Superior, and the roads are pretty good, that doesn't seem like a bad commute.

Up here in NW Montana a lot of people commute 50 to 60 miles to Kalispell for jobs. And we have to fight the snow part of the year.

I'd love to buy that old hotel and restore it. Nothing's selling up here, though, so until it does, we're stuck among the "frozen chosen" in the north.
100-130 Main St., Superior, AZ, 85273 - Economy/Limited Service Property - Off-Market on LoopNet.com

It's for sale; price unknown.

Agreed about the commute but, I work almost 60 miles away which is too far for me especially factoring in gas costs.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona
Bookmark this Page!