Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-17-2010, 09:55 PM  

Glendale, Arizona
what Arizona REALLY needs is:

as beautiful as Arizona is, not everyone is a nature buff. and putting it bluntly, unless you are over 21 and have a drivers license, there REALLY is nothing to do here. sure you got malls, (the only free public places with AC) but that is boring as hell.

it seems that most states have some form of man made attraction that really brings in money.

in your opinion, what could Arizona build to make life here a little less monotonous?

IMO i would build the worlds largest indoor/outdoor water park, open year-round. id build it out in the fields across the 101 from the West Gate complex.

any thoughts? what would you build out here?

Old 10-18-2010, 08:41 AM  

near Tucson, Arizona
The Company that builds and runs 6 flags amusement parks has talked about purchasing a large section of land at the I-10 and wentworth roads for a few years now..

That is 15 miles South of Tucson for those that are not from the area...

Old 10-18-2010, 09:04 AM  

phoenix, az
a large fence ( im talking huge ) in the way south of AZ..... you would need something larger than disney or all the other crap in cali.... since cali is so close you would need something that could bring in the same volume of people... but to tell you the truth i love the open space i think az is perfect the way it is...
Old 10-18-2010, 09:25 AM  

Tucson, AZ
Good idea. They already have Breakers Water Park just north of Tucson. Maybe they should think about expanding it to include more amusements, and also enclose the water entertainment portion.
Old 10-18-2010, 04:47 PM  

tucson, az
a GOOD professional sports team.....
Old 10-19-2010, 11:41 AM  

Peoria, Arizona
well as well as the 6 flags they were talking about building a mall that is supposed to be bigger than the mall of america on the 303 just south of bell road. i think that would be pretty snazzy. if its anything like west edmunton mall in alberta it would do just fine. edmunton mall has a zoo waterpark 2 hotels 400 restraunt/fast food joints. over 800 stores to shop in. hell throw in a water park and id be happy. their water park is huge though. big wave pools and such.

theres alot to do here you just have to have the funding. speed street is fun but not justifiable to spend 25 bucks a person for a few laps. polar ice is alright if you are into ice skating. castles n coasters is getting kind of out dated though. salt river tubing in my opinion is pretty dumb cause i dont drink and its nothing but a bunch of drunken idiots who have no respect for nature...

really the issue is building something indoors. cause the heat really kills a lot of stuff. maybe a good sized aquarium. like monterey bay aquarium...
Old 11-05-2010, 03:32 PM  
Zoe-nuh-jeep

Suck Vista, Arizona
You live in Glendale and you are complaining about not enough to do? Really? Sigh, some people just don't know how good they have it...
Old 11-05-2010, 08:13 PM  
Tea Party Liberal

Mesa, Az
What sucks was that the Phx area had Legend City from ca. 1963-83. I didn't arrive here till 1990 but old timers still speak glowingly of that place.

Legend City - Home
Old 11-06-2010, 01:42 PM  

Glendale, Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonaJeep View Post
You live in Glendale and you are complaining about not enough to do? Really? Sigh, some people just don't know how good they have it...
if you find Glendale is entertaining, you have some pretty wild delusions. West Gate sucks. the only good time to hit up the stadiums is obviously on game day.

i was born and raised in here in Glendale, and honestly, i could see someone being entertained in here ONLY if they like hanging out with tweens at Arrowhead and Metro Center malls.

Glendale sucks. phoenix sucks.
this whole frappin state sucks.
nothin but hot weather in the summer and old bag snowbirds during the winter.
Old 11-06-2010, 07:30 PM  
Tea Party Liberal

Mesa, Az
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman View Post
if you find Glendale is entertaining, you have some pretty wild delusions. West Gate sucks. the only good time to hit up the stadiums is obviously on game day.

i was born and raised in here in Glendale, and honestly, i could see someone being entertained in here ONLY if they like hanging out with tweens at Arrowhead and Metro Center malls.

Glendale sucks. phoenix sucks.
this whole frappin state sucks.
nothin but hot weather in the summer and old bag snowbirds during the winter.
It sounds to me you need to look elsewhere then to live.

I'm from back east and I will never live E of the Rocky Mountains again if I can avoid it.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.