Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arkansas
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-23-2010, 08:21 AM  
Ken

Hot Springs
Moving to HSV

After a few years of visiting my brother and his wife, I have decided to make the transition to Hot Springs Village. I had a couple of questions from the people that live there. When I visit, (usually 3-4 days) there is so much to do, but I have found that usually your stay is determined by how much there is to do. Have any of you "Villagers" run out of stuff to do? I'm also interested in lake properties, does anyone have a good spot they like?

Old 08-23-2010, 01:53 PM  

Austin
I have an Aunt and Uncle that way. It seems the town is mainly a tourist attraction. They buy and sell a lot of real estate up there. I think there is a minimum age requirement. If I'm not mistaken the entire town is a retirement community.

Old 10-01-2010, 08:03 AM  

Hot Springs, Arkansas
Hsv

Hot Springs Village is a great gated community and lies about 20 minutes from Hot Springs. There are a lot of retired people but that is not the total population of HSV. There are many of all ages that have made HSV their home. It has around 8 golf courses and about as many lakes. Hope this helps in your decision making.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:02 PM  

Russellville, AR
If you want something to at almost any hour of the day may I suggest Geocaching. "What is geocaching" you may ask. Well it is basically a high tech treasure hunt utilizing hand held GPS systems or even your Iphone or other "smartphone" with built in gps to find tupperware hidden in the woods and towns. In a radius of 50 miles around HSV there are around 2500 geocaches hidden. Some as small as a pen cap, and others the size of a very large ammo box or a 2 gal. bucket! They range in difficulty on how hard they are to find and how hard the terrain is to make it easy for you to pick the ones you want to attempt to find.

ArkGeocachers.org • Index page is where all of us AR geocachers hang out on the web. Geocaching - The Official Global GPS Cache Hunt Site is the official geocaching site we use to load the coordinates up into our devices. You'll find that geocachers are some of the most friendliest people out there, akin to Jeepers, Bikers, Horse riders, etc!

my username is the same on both of the sites above, just shoot me a PM sometime if your interested in more!
Old 10-07-2010, 01:59 PM  

Holiday Island, Arkansas
If anyone is looking for a lot to buy in HSV, I have a friend in Louisiana that has one to sell.
Old 10-13-2010, 08:31 PM  

Little Rock, Arkansas
Know a guy

I know a guy who bought a lot just for the golf courses. He loves the community there.
Old 10-15-2010, 07:22 AM  

Clarmore, OK
We have had our lot since the mid-70's, hope to build some day.
Old 10-24-2010, 10:11 AM  

Redfield, Arkansas
The golf alone is worth buying a property. It's amazing in HSV.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:21 PM  

Perryville, Arkansas
Lots of golf and fishing, walmart is just minutes away. as well as Hot Springs. you have lake Ouacita right outside the gates with camping, and picnic areas. just remember If you buy a lot for the golf you do have a monthly few for the property, thats what detoured me from buying a lot by my mother.
Old 11-21-2010, 02:42 AM  

San Jose, CA
Golf in Hot Springs Village runs about $12 per game (18 holes). The courses are very well kept. We have friends who live there so we visit when we can.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arkansas
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.