Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Art / Entertainment
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-15-2017, 06:23 PM  
Administrator

Ohio
autumn 2017 and winter 2018 new series

I've watched a number of the new series that have premiered in the past few weeks. Here is my take on them.
The Brave: Of this fall's three special ops series (the others being SEAL Team and Valor), this is the one whose characters I liked the best, even though I think Anne Heche is miscast.
Kevin (Probably) Saves the World: I wanted to like this show the best of all of the premieres, but I couldn't finish watching the second episode. It's a cross between Quantum Leap and last spring's movie The Shack, but without the dry humor of either.
The Mayor: The two episodes that have aired have had touches that I did not expect, such as the school band playing "Greensleeves." The show is more gentle than you expect it to be.
Me, Myself & I: The first episode was a little boring at the beginning but by the end of it I was near tears because it had such a sweet ending. I am liking this more and more.
9JKL: I watched one episode and won't watch it again. The parents (Linda Lavin and Elliott Gould) are impossibly annoying and exhausting to watch.
The Orville: The worst one I've seen. Parodies of Star Trek need to be funnier than this is.
Wisdom of the Crowd: I'm not a Jeremy Piven fan and I think the premise of the show is both a little creepy and far-fetched. Yet it is a very entertaining series and I'll watch it until I decide it gets too repetitive.

Old 10-16-2017, 10:19 PM  

The Good Doctor is one I like and written very well. Very similar to "House" and appears they have the same writers.

Old 11-13-2017, 05:17 PM  
Administrator

Ohio
okay, I've given up on....

Okay, I've given up on...
The Brave--too violent and too preposterous
Wisdom of the Crowd--too creepy and too preposterous
I've also stopped watching last year's Star (too many characters in too many bad situations), Riverdale (the show is physically dark and the young men all look alike) and The Good Place (couldn't make heads or tails of the second season opener).
The only new show that I really, really enjoyed was Me, Myself and I, and I think it's already been canceled!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Art / Entertainment
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads