Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Art / Entertainment
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-21-2010, 09:16 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAMMOTH View Post
Happy Days - Who didn't want to be The Fonz?
I didn't. By the time I came along Arthur Fonzerelly wasn't tough, he was just a weird Shark Jumper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duayne77 View Post
Hogans Heroes, Mchale's Navy, and the Munsters were the old shows I watched as a kid.

It's good to see I'm not alone with the Munsters. As a child I was mystified that the show ran all year and not just during Halloween.

Old 10-21-2010, 02:18 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
I used to watch the Munsters too.
And let's not forget the Beverly Hillbillies.

Old 10-21-2010, 03:55 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
All these shows came on nick at night after I would get off at 1 or 2. I have fond memories of all.
Old 10-21-2010, 08:59 PM  

san marcos, texas
I used to watch Happy Days and Laverne and Shirley when I would stay home sick from school. I have watched MASH and enjoyed, but they have been showing reruns for so long now it was almost impossible to not watch it eventually.

Lately my son has been enjoying the original 1940s Superman and Popeye cartoons and he really enjoys them, but he won't watch any recent superman or spider-man cartoons. They just aren't the same as the original.
Old 10-22-2010, 07:10 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Oddly enough I am not a fan of Superman. The original series is just cold war propaganda and rhetoric, it's fun for the novelty, but that's it in my head.

It also brings up the moral quandary of unlimited power and the obligation therein contained, but then I complicate things.

The later episodes of MASH are similar, but I still find the majority of them charming even if the border in preachy. War is hell Alan Alda, thanks.
Old 11-16-2010, 11:29 PM  

New Paltz, New York
Emergency, Adam 12, Hawaii Five O, Rat Patrol, Star Trek to name a few.
Old 11-17-2010, 02:14 AM  

Anoka, Minnesota
The thing is the classic television shows are going to all be back on TV again. So it really isn't going to be called classic anymore. I saw that they are going to put Batman back on as a live action show. What next Lost in Space? Magnum PI? I Love Lucy?

Please would Hollywood come up with an original thought for a change.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:29 PM  

san marcos, texas
For an original thought, see independent movies or watch a documentary (real life is often crazier than fiction). Hollywood merely regurgitates the same old crap.

I used to enjoy watching the old family feud with Richard kissing all the ladies.

The twilight zone and the outer limits are always fun to watch too.
Old 11-18-2010, 10:01 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by addie View Post
For an original thought, see independent movies or watch a documentary (real life is often crazier than fiction). Hollywood merely regurgitates the same old crap.

I used to enjoy watching the old family feud with Richard kissing all the ladies.

The twilight zone and the outer limits are always fun to watch too.
I always enjoyed The Alfred Hitchcock Hour. Twilight Zone as well. The Outer Limits, when I went back to watch it, felt dated. Still good though.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Art / Entertainment
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.