Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Art / Entertainment
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-15-2010, 10:29 AM  

Los Angeles, CA
Is Miley Cyrus trying to grow up too fast?

Apparently, Miley has recently been caught in newly released footage of her smoking out of a bong. The topic up for discussion is whether or not the substance was legal or illegal. Even though the young starlet has racy footage released, her downfall has to do much more with leaving behind her "double-life" portrayed in the show Hannah Montana. Here's an article...

Miley Cyrus bong video will not ruin career, loss of Hannah Montana is doing that already

What do you think?

Old 12-16-2010, 07:22 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
I hope so.

Old 12-16-2010, 08:31 AM  

The higher they climb, the farther they drop. Just another Paris Hilton brat type who is living their "15 minutes of fame".
Old 12-16-2010, 08:34 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
The higher they climb, the farther they drop. Just another Paris Hilton brat type who is living their "15 minutes of fame".
Don't we all go through a development period where we start staying out late smoking, and trying to hook up with members of the opposite sex?

I don't see what the issue is when it happens to celebrities, it seems the majority of the negativity lies in negative reinforcement, America likes it's Train wrecks.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:02 AM  

You are correct that celebs are just people as well. I'm from the old age, where celebs were classy people (for the most part) and understood they would forever be in the limelight of the public. Technology does play a big part though.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:07 AM  

mechanicsville, maryland
I don't really care for her to much but most of us experimented when we were young like her so just because she got caught getting high does not mean I'm going to Stop my daughter from watching her crappy show
Old 12-16-2010, 09:18 AM  

On a side note, I just laughed when her dad commented on her. He said he was shocked....and was breaking his "Achy Breaky Heart"!
Old 12-16-2010, 10:33 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
You are correct that celebs are just people as well. I'm from the old age, where celebs were classy people (for the most part) and understood they would forever be in the limelight of the public. Technology does play a big part though.
If you are referring to the "Golden Age" the majority of the studios that bought the actors wrote in morality clauses. If they did lead a less than desirable life, it was never mentioned.

Quote:
On a side note, I just laughed when her dad commented on her. He said he was shocked....and was breaking his "Achy Breaky Heart"!
I would have just beat her, differences in parenting styles I suppose.
Old 12-20-2010, 09:39 PM  

Anoka, Minnesota
Yes if you look at her as being a role model for your young preteen daughter. "Hey if Hanna Montana is doing it why can't I?" Celebrities are role models and should be held to a higher standard then the rest of the normal people. That being said I would like to think that my parenting skills would overcome the video of Hanna Montana smoking pot. My children should be able to look at it and make there own choice and I would trust them that that choice would be the correct choice. However, when I look at my brothers kids I would have to say that they shouldn't even be allowed to watch primetime TV because they will get the wrong ideas. As soon as the world realizes that the TV isn't a baby sitter the future of the planet will be all right.
Old 12-21-2010, 08:04 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Brotherbill View Post
Yes if you look at her as being a role model for your young preteen daughter. "Hey if Hanna Montana is doing it why can't I?" Celebrities are role models and should be held to a higher standard then the rest of the normal people. That being said I would like to think that my parenting skills would overcome the video of Hanna Montana smoking pot. My children should be able to look at it and make there own choice and I would trust them that that choice would be the correct choice. However, when I look at my brothers kids I would have to say that they shouldn't even be allowed to watch primetime TV because they will get the wrong ideas. As soon as the world realizes that the TV isn't a baby sitter the future of the planet will be all right.
I use TV as a baby sitter. It's about selecting the proper shows. Every night when I get home, I put on a show for my Daughter and my wife and I talk. Just normal adult conversation.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Art / Entertainment
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads