Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Art / Entertainment
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-12-2010, 02:48 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Well I'm not looking for a personalized movie, just something that someone thought was good - because there's just way too much crap out there nowadays.

We might go see Harry Potter next weekend, as well.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 11-12-2010, 10:22 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
I can't wait to see the new Harry Potter. I never read the books, but the movies have all been good.

Old 11-15-2010, 09:07 AM  

Rockwall
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post

We might go see Harry Potter next weekend, as well.
Harry Potter looks like it'll be worth watching, they always are. I'm not sure how I feel about the movie being split onto 2 parts though. I feel like it's just another money making ploy, but what isn't nowadays?
Old 11-15-2010, 09:16 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
I would rather it be slit into two, then force me to sit in a theater for four hours.

They cut a lot of stuff out of Lord of the Rings, I wonder if they are going to do the same here?
Old 11-15-2010, 01:23 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandora06 View Post
Harry Potter looks like it'll be worth watching, they always are. I'm not sure how I feel about the movie being split onto 2 parts though. I feel like it's just another money making ploy, but what isn't nowadays?

Ugh I agree - splitting it into two was completely unnecessary, and a ploy for more money. But like you said, that's everything I suppose. Times are a changin!

Oh and the Twilight movies being split into two is absolutely absurd. I loved the books, but the movies just don't do it any shade of justice. And if you've read the last book of the series, you'd be like me and not understand at all how they're going to split it up into two movies. I, for one, will not see either in theater.

Old 11-16-2010, 09:28 AM  

Rockwall
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
Oh and the Twilight movies being split into two is absolutely absurd. I loved the books, but the movies just don't do it any shade of justice. And if you've read the last book of the series, you'd be like me and not understand at all how they're going to split it up into two movies. I, for one, will not see either in theater.
You're spot on! I haven't read the books, but wish I had before seeing the movies. I'm not really into the whole vampire/ Jacob vs. Edward stuff, but my roommate insisted I'd like the movies. When we got to the theater it was nothing but a bunch of screaming teenage girls. Needless to say, I won't be seeing the next one, at least until it comes out on video!
Old 11-16-2010, 02:19 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandora06 View Post
You're spot on! I haven't read the books, but wish I had before seeing the movies. I'm not really into the whole vampire/ Jacob vs. Edward stuff, but my roommate insisted I'd like the movies. When we got to the theater it was nothing but a bunch of screaming teenage girls. Needless to say, I won't be seeing the next one, at least until it comes out on video!
See, now I am conflicted, but I didn't like the movie.
Old 11-16-2010, 06:08 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Read the books, but don't go see the movies in theaters. That's my official stance.

Old 11-17-2010, 02:11 AM  

Anoka, Minnesota
The question I have what is the next Twilight fix for the teenage girls. You would think Hollywood would be working on a six part movie right now. I haven't heard anything about it.

The formula is there.
Hot half naked guys +
Semi hot fully clothed emotionally troubled girl +
Two plus hours of film to waste =
Boat loads of money made at the box office.

Maybe I should start writing again.
Old 11-17-2010, 03:58 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
If that's your formula, please don't start writing again!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Art / Entertainment
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.