Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Art / Entertainment
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-17-2010, 09:03 AM  

Rockwall
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Brotherbill View Post
The question I have what is the next Twilight fix for the teenage girls. You would think Hollywood would be working on a six part movie right now. I haven't heard anything about it.

The formula is there.
Hot half naked guys +
Semi hot fully clothed emotionally troubled girl +
Two plus hours of film to waste =
Boat loads of money made at the box office.

Maybe I should start writing again.

Haha as much as I like the equation, I think the only reason it worked so well for Twlight was because they picked a book that already had a huge following, added in "hot" actors, sat back and let the money/teenage girls flock to the theaters.

Old 11-17-2010, 10:21 PM  

Anoka, Minnesota
I never read the Twilight books. So if the books had a huge following they must not have followed the books all that close.

I can understand Harry Potter with the quick writing style. Don't spend all that much time on setting the scene just get it done with and move on. With the ADHD generation that series of books worked out well. The movies were easy to follow that.

Old 11-17-2010, 10:31 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Well the main thing that frustrated me with the Twilight series is that the movies only include maybe 30-40% of what's contained in the books. The books are far more in-depth. The movies were just made to please, just that, little teenage girls.

Another good example of this is Jarhead. The book is a completely different story than the movie - it's hard to even believe that the movie was based off the book. I bet the author was furious after seeing it.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 11-17-2010, 10:34 PM  

Anoka, Minnesota
How about Timeline by Crichton. One of my favorite books and the movie was bad on levels that haven't ever been met since. I guess Paul Walker does that to movies.

Has anyone seen Skyline yet?
Old 11-18-2010, 09:06 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
If that's your formula, please don't start writing again!
I don't know.. can you write in space monsters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandora06 View Post
Haha as much as I like the equation, I think the only reason it worked so well for Twlight was because they picked a book that already had a huge following, added in "hot" actors, sat back and let the money/teenage girls flock to the theaters.

The reason I love having a daughter is someday I know, I will be paying to have sex directly advertised to her, and it's going to make someone else rich.

Awesome...
Old 11-18-2010, 09:09 AM  

Rockwall
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
The books are far more in-depth. The movies were just made to please, just that, little teenage girls.
Spot on, that's what I hear. My roommate has read all the books twice, if not more, and was fairly disappointed when a great deal of the storyline was lost in the creation of the movie. I feel like majority of books--> movies end up that way, unfortunately.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:31 PM  

Anoka, Minnesota
The Good The Bad The Weird

Has anyone seen this movie. The girlfriend and myself loved it. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the production company and such. I liked how it was shot and the story was rather good.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:27 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
No clue, got a link?
Old 12-03-2010, 12:02 AM  

Bellevue, Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Brotherbill View Post
The Good The Bad The Weird

Has anyone seen this movie. The girlfriend and myself loved it. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the production company and such. I liked how it was shot and the story was rather good.
IMDB is your friend.
The Good, the Bad, the Weird (2008) - IMDb
Old 12-03-2010, 07:54 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap'n Crunch Killa View Post
I'll check it out.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Art / Entertainment
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.