Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Art / Entertainment
Click Here to Login

Old 09-21-2021, 06:02 PM  
Administrator

Ohio
The Big Leap

Guess which new show will be cancelled first?
The Big Leap on Fox, because I loved it! There were many characters, but I didn't have any trouble keeping them all straight. None of the characters were annoying, except for the ones who were supposed to be. I've always liked Teri Polo, although I wasn't impressed with her dancing skills but I assume she is supposed to improve.
Oh, and the music and dancing were wonderful! A great variety of genres and decades of music. And the contest will be classical ballet, a ballet troupe performing Swan Lake.
I've already joined the show's discussion group on Twitter.

Old 09-29-2021, 07:49 AM  
Administrator

Ohio
La Brea

I loved La Brea on NBC, although the opening scenes were stolen from Volcano and 2012. Even my mother sat through part of it!
The premise is that the La Brea tarpits opened up into a huge sinkhole, and the people who fell in must have gone into some other universe or time period.
Of course, I fear that either I will get invested in the characters and storylines and the show will end with a cliffhanger and then be cancelled, which has happened to at least a dozen shows I've watched over the years, or it will have convoluted and interrelated and unnecessary plots that bog down the story and make me lose interest, which is what happened with Lost.

Old 09-29-2021, 11:34 AM  
Administrator

Missouri
NCIS Hawaii and FBI international are both just bad. The FBI one is not even based on reality. They are very limited in what they can do in other countries.
The characters in both are just not likeable.
Old 10-10-2021, 05:27 PM  
Administrator

Ohio
ghosts

Ghosts, a new comedy on CBS, is more annoying than funny.
A young NYC couple inherits a huge old mansion in upstate New York and decide to turn it into a bed and breakfast. The wife gets hit in the head and discovers that she can see, hear and talk to the house's ghosts, which are numerous.
I wanted to like this show but had mixed feelings. Maybe it will get more amusing as time goes on. I'll give it a few more weeks.
Old 10-11-2021, 12:03 PM  
Administrator

Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by skippercollector View Post
Ghosts, a new comedy on CBS, is more annoying than funny.
A young NYC couple inherits a huge old mansion in upstate New York and decide to turn it into a bed and breakfast. The wife gets hit in the head and discovers that she can see, hear and talk to the house's ghosts, which are numerous.
I wanted to like this show but had mixed feelings. Maybe it will get more amusing as time goes on. I'll give it a few more weeks.
I agree, I found it stupid. It is based on a British show. No idea if the original is any good.
Old 10-19-2021, 01:15 PM  
Administrator

Ohio
gave up on big leap

I watched 10 minutes of last night's episode of The Big Leap and turned it off. I loved the dancing segments. I didn't mind the scenes of the characters in their lives. What I HATED was the taping of interviews like in reality shows where the people knock the other competitors. I could no longer tolerate that.
Old 10-20-2021, 08:41 AM  
Administrator

Ohio
home sweet home

I watched 10 minutes of Ava Duverny's new NBC show Home Sweet Home before I turned it off. It was so sickly sweet!
This is a show about families who are house-swapping. I don't know if the two families live in the same city or not. Rather than being a nasty reality show, HSH goes in the opposite direction and is way too nice. I didn't think that was possible.
Of course, it would fun to see an extreme right-winger family in one part of the country swap houses with an extreme left-winger family in another part. Would they be able to at least tolerate their neighbors and new living quarters, or would their heads explode?!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Art / Entertainment
Bookmark this Page!