Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Art / Entertainment
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-30-2019, 07:32 PM  
Administrator

Ohio
pandora

After three episodes, I have not been able to make heads or tails out of the CW's Pandora. I can't even explain what it's about, other than it is a science fiction series. Why can't anyone write any sort of TV show any more that doesn't involve multiple mysteries and conspiracies?

Old 07-31-2019, 11:24 AM  
Administrator

Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by skippercollector View Post
After three episodes, I have not been able to make heads or tails out of the CW's Pandora. I can't even explain what it's about, other than it is a science fiction series. Why can't anyone write any sort of TV show any more that doesn't involve multiple mysteries and conspiracies?
Have not tried that one. TV in general is not very good any more.

Old 09-10-2019, 05:10 PM  
Administrator

Ohio
a very brady renovation

I admit I had tears in my eyes at least three times during the first episode of A Very Brady Renovation on HGTV.
Once was during the revised theme song which talked about the remodeling of the house. Another time was during the "Sunshine Day" clip. A third was simply hearing background music that was reminiscent of the series' background music.
It was wonderful seeing the Bradys again, even though Robert Reed and Florence Henderson and Ann B. Davis are gone now. I had no idea Maureen McCormick was so short!
There are three more episodes coming up.
Old 09-15-2019, 07:36 AM  
Administrator

Ohio
Bluey

Bluey is an Australian children's cartoon that debuted this week on Disney Junior. It's about a family of dogs--Dad, Mum, Bluey and Bingo. Bluey is a boy but I haven't figured out if Bingo is male or female.
In the first episode, Bluey was a brat, casting some weird spell on his father that made in freeze in place. I liked the second episode much better, in which he and some other dogs made up a game in which they could only walk on land in the shade. No electronics whatsoever!
If Bluey continues to show dog children playing with each other without any electronics in sight, I would recommend it.
Old 09-22-2019, 11:02 AM  
Administrator

Ohio
when hope calls

When Hope Calls is the cleanest Western I have ever seen. And I mean that literally--everyone looks immaculate, even when cleaning out debris from a fire. Even Little House on the Prairie had people sweating, and stained with mud or dust.
For a Hallmark series, When Hope Calls surprisingly seems to be set in an alternate universe. I thought at first I was watching a series about a contemporary Mennonite town, because everyone had modern hairstyles and spoke 21st Century English and all the shirts look like basic modern blouses. But the story does take place in the 1800s, I just don't know when or where. Like Chesapeake Shores and Heartland, Hope is a Canadian series, but the characters aren't as interesting.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Art / Entertainment
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.