Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Art / Entertainment
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-30-2014, 07:25 AM  

Nevada
Seeking a Beta Reader

I have just completed Part I – The Early Years – Leatherjacket Soldier, a historical novel set in 18th Century California about Captain Don Fernando de Rivera y Moncada. The first draft is 59,400 words.

This is where Don Fernando leaves his home in mainland Mexico at serve as a common soldier under the Jesuits in what was then simply known as California but is today known as Baja California.

From its inception, this novel has undergone some major revisions as I've obtained more and more information about the time and place from writing of those who were there. One is Antigua California and another are writings by Father Johann Baegert who spent 17 years serving as a Jesuit missionary in Misión San Luis Gonzaga.

I am not seeking an editor but someone who enjoys reading such material and can give me impressions and comments about the content and story presented.

Send me a private message and we can arrange to have you receive a copy of the first rough draft.

Thanks very much in advance.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Art / Entertainment
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads