Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Art / Entertainment
Click Here to Login

Old 06-19-2011, 01:56 PM  
Traveler

'Yesterday' was Paul MCCartney's BDay

and i didn't think to send a card.

what will he say. we are 'very close friends'.

I have listened to his music for several hours today.

Yesterday LIVE - HQ‬‏[/url]

Old 06-19-2011, 02:36 PM  
fustrated genius

A son of mine also had a B-day yesterday. He's not quite as famous as Paul is though.
(but then again, I remembered a card for him, well actually my wife did)

Old 06-20-2011, 11:24 PM  
Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHood View Post
A son of mine also had a B-day yesterday. He's not quite as famous as Paul is though.
(but then again, I remembered a card for him, well actually my wife did)
eh--The Beatles--they served a purpose in the great scheme of things.

I was never into the Beatles--grew up in the 60's, I suppose I should have been. I enjoy some of the songs. I never really understood the deeper, more profound and famous songs. ??something about the Walrus--that was probably written in a hazed state of some kind.

I listened to soul and pop rock. Groups like the Monkees, Turtles and the greats of 60's motown. They sang about love and loss and feelings I could understand.

People still get all excited---'I am going to a Stones concert or insert the name of any iconic group'. That is not the way I would spend my time or money these days.

I now prefer better concerts--generally those of choirs and affiliated with groups that are doing real good in the world. They seem some of the great rock songs---but more meaningful tunes.
Josh Groban and Mumford and Sons and Jason Mraz are some of my current pop favorites.

Cat Stevens wrote and sang some meaningful songs and of course Bob Dylan--I always enjoyed that type of music. I managed to live through the 70's without once being tempted to 'escape' with the substances that many thought were better than Mom's Apple Pie. Lol --something of an achievement --I would have done almost anything for acceptance at that point in my life. The lesson I learned is never do anything that you can't look in the mirror and feel good about. Works for me.
I still wonder how the Royals sit in a church on Sunday and not feel like God is none too pleased with them. I suppose reciting a Confession of Sins works for some. That is a very weak and superficial type of Faith.
Old 06-21-2011, 08:50 AM  
fustrated genius

Oh I enjoy the Beatles, always did,but the Walrus I would have to agree with you. The Beatles tunes are good solo guitar instrumental material. Lennon/McCartney made a good team. I was into Led Zeppelin, Santana, Malo that sort of thing, a lot of Motown too. Just saw recently Eric Burdon & the Animals a few mos back, I don't remember him being an old man like that.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Art / Entertainment
Bookmark this Page!