Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Art / Entertainment
Click Here to Login

Old 08-10-2011, 01:29 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Your Highness

I really like Danny McBride. Whether he's cat loving drug dealer, an out of work washed up baseball player or the head of a dojo I think the man is hysterical.

Your Highness is no exception. This movie managed to cross a few genres and I was pleased at how they handled it.

I love Lord of the Rings and most other epics, so they took a standard epic, mixed in a stoner buddy comedy and what we are left with was gut busting hour and a half.

The drug references are plentiful so I wouldn't watch it with children and the language and nudity is a bit gratuitous, but I see that as a selling point.

Old 08-10-2011, 01:46 PM  
What page are you on?

in a van... down by the river, Texas
I will have to check this out. I, too, am an avid McBride fan. I dig Seth Rogen as well. Their whole stoney clique is hilarious.

Old 08-10-2011, 03:25 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
"The Battle of Los Angeles" looked good but was miserably boring. I watched Cage in "Season of the Witch" the next night and it was entertaining from beginning to end.

Tried "Rango" as an experiment thinking Depp wouldn't sign on to crap but if the movie had an audience it wasn't me. A Clint Eastwood Lizard film? All the local Redboxes are full of crap.

I was curious if a Blue Ray disk can play as a non high definition regular DVD?
Old 08-10-2011, 03:27 PM  
What page are you on?

in a van... down by the river, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by blucher View Post
"The Battle of Los Angeles" looked good but was miserably boring. I watched Cage in "Season of the Witch" the next night and it was entertaining from beginning to end.

Tried "Rango" as an experiment thinking Depp wouldn't sign on to crap but if the movie had an audience it wasn't me. A Clint Eastwood Lizard film? All the local Redboxes are full of crap.

I was curious if a Blue Ray disk can play as a non high definition regular DVD?
Will blu ray discs work on older non-HD dvd player? - Yahoo! Answers
Old 09-05-2011, 12:54 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Austin, you and I have very different tastes! Once again, I thought that this movie was a little over-the-top and thought that it tried a little bit too hard. I was disappointed.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 09-06-2011, 02:25 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
Austin, you and I have very different tastes! Once again, I thought that this movie was a little over-the-top and thought that it tried a little bit too hard. I was disappointed.
Fair enough. Post a movie you've seen lately, I'll see if I agree.
Old 09-06-2011, 03:52 PM  

What's a movie?
Old 09-07-2011, 02:05 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by blucher View Post
"The Battle of Los Angeles" looked good but was miserably boring.
Really? I kind of liked Battle Los Angeles. It seemed most critics really tore it apart, as well as most of the people that I talked to that had seen it. However, when I saw it, I was really surprised and didn't know why no one liked it much. I thought the main actor did a brilliant job, and I don't know if they could've picked a better actor for the role!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
Fair enough. Post a movie you've seen lately, I'll see if I agree.
Hmmmm... I don't go see movies much. Let me think about it, and I'll post one up in the next few days.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 09-07-2011, 08:09 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
Really? I kind of liked Battle Los Angeles. It seemed most critics really tore it apart, as well as most of the people that I talked to that had seen it. However, when I saw it, I was really surprised and didn't know why no one liked it much. I thought the main actor did a brilliant job, and I don't know if they could've picked a better actor for the role!

Hmmmm... I don't go see movies much. Let me think about it, and I'll post one up in the next few days.

I didn't like it either.
Old 09-07-2011, 12:17 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Best Answer - Chosen by Voters

No, Blu-ray will only work on blu-ray. Sorry

Thanks Brit, it's what I expected. I was concerned because Redbox is filled with Blue-Ray and eventually i'll accidentally rent one.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Art / Entertainment
Bookmark this Page!