Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Click Here to Login

Old 11-16-2010, 05:08 PM  

Atlanta, GA
Best Indian Food in the Metro Atlanta area

I submit that Aroma Delight in Lawrenceville is the best around. I've been to a dozen or so places and it's just incredible. If you get a chance, try it out!

Where else is good?

Old 11-16-2010, 11:46 PM  

Atlanta, GA
I like the Cafe Bombay off of North Druid Hills. They have belly dancers on the weekends, and the food is great.

A little cheaper, and on the other side of town (Decatur) is Zyka. This is a great place for lunch. It's in an old school and it's not the most impressive looking dining room. Then they hand you this AWESOME food on a cheapass styrofoam plate. I highly recommend Zyka.

Old 11-17-2010, 08:22 AM  

Atlanta, Georgia
I like Raja on Peachtree (strongly influenced by convenient location to me).

Madras Saavana Bhavan in Decatur used to be the best, but I haven't been there in forever and don't know if it's even still open.
Old 11-17-2010, 05:47 PM  

Savannah, GA
And if you like cooking your own (or just like heating something up like me) I really like shopping at Patel Brothers in Decatur. Can't beat the microwave in a bag Channa Masala for $0.99!
Old 11-18-2010, 11:32 AM  

Nashville, TN
Hmmmmmmmmmm love Indian food. I'll need to watch this thread and check it out before visiting Atlanta next time !
Old 11-19-2010, 01:33 PM  

this isn't in the metro area, but there is a GREAT indian restaurant in alpharetta.
Old 11-21-2010, 02:58 PM  

Peachtree City, GA
There a great new kabbab place in Fayetteville called Sabri. I think there's another location too, maybe in Marietta? It's more Pakistani style than Indian, but man is it good.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:12 PM  

Atlanta, GA
Swapna! By far my favorite Indian food in the metro area. It's just outside 285 near Cumberland Mall.

The place may look like it's about to fall down, but the food is amazing. It gets really crowded at lunch for the $10 buffet, but it's well worth the wait.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:46 AM  

Atlanta, Georgia
I really like Bhojanic on Clairmont Rd in Decatur. Of course they get extra points for having some descent beers to choose from.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:30 PM  

Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambriel View Post
Swapna! By far my favorite Indian food in the metro area. It's just outside 285 near Cumberland Mall.

The place may look like it's about to fall down, but the food is amazing. It gets really crowded at lunch for the $10 buffet, but it's well worth the wait.
That is right near my office. I will have to try it.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Bookmark this Page!