Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-19-2010, 01:14 PM  

Atlanta, GA
Donut Shops

I'll have to say, having lived here for a few years, I'm really disappointed with the dearth of donut shops in Atlanta. Krispy Kreme are not really donuts, and while Dunkin Donuts make some decent donuts, they get old after a while. Other places I've lived have lots of independent, relatively inexpensive donut shops, but for some reason not here.

Who knows of good places to get donuts? I'll give the first two I know of...

- Sublime Donuts on 10th near Tech. They're good and intersting, but on the expensive side (>$1 ea)

- The German Bakety on Lawrenceville Hwy. They have all sorts of pasteries, and they have glazed donuts. Nothing fancy but the glazed are quite tasty.

Old 11-22-2010, 04:00 PM  

GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by donutbrew View Post
I'll have to say, having lived here for a few years, I'm really disappointed with the dearth of donut shops in Atlanta. Krispy Kreme are not really donuts, and while Dunkin Donuts make some decent donuts, they get old after a while. Other places I've lived have lots of independent, relatively inexpensive donut shops, but for some reason not here.

Who knows of good places to get donuts? I'll give the first two I know of...

- Sublime Donuts on 10th near Tech. They're good and intersting, but on the expensive side (>$1 ea)

- The German Bakety on Lawrenceville Hwy. They have all sorts of pasteries, and they have glazed donuts. Nothing fancy but the glazed are quite tasty.
Atlanta is lacking in bakeries in general. I never realized this until I moved out of the state when in the military. Up north are the best bakeries. The closest thing in the South is Publix.

Old 11-23-2010, 07:25 AM  

Loganville, Georgia
I agree there are no GOOD bakeries on the east side
Old 11-24-2010, 09:53 AM  

Atlanta, GA
Are there good bakeries on the west side? I'd be happy to try them out!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.