Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Click Here to Login

Old 02-06-2011, 11:15 PM  

Marietta, GA
Any of these clubs cool to bring a kid to?

Old 02-09-2011, 09:30 AM  

Cumming, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3S00W View Post
Check out JF

here's one of the clubs
CRAWLERS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicajonnie View Post
Any of these clubs cool to bring a kid to?
I'm a member of the Georgia Crawlers, we're a great group of guys and gals. We meet every second Saturday of the month at Manuels Tavern in Virginia Highlands at 1:00pm, our Feburary meeting is this Saturday. We do mainly rock crawling and we have a ride at least once a month. We're also a family oriented club so kids are fine with us.

here's a link to Manuels Tavern

Manuel's Tavern | Bar | Restaurant

Old 02-09-2011, 07:12 PM  

Grayson, Georgia
I believe all the clubs listed are kid friendly, there are some great clubs in the area and I'm sure you will find a great fit.
For the record I am partial to Southern Jeeps ( I am the current President), but you should check them all out and find the one that offers the most of what you are looking for.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:40 PM  

Does Southern jeeps do only hardcore crawling. I have a jeep with just a 2" suspension lift and can't ever find places to wheel.
Old 02-18-2011, 06:59 AM  

Cumming, Georgia
what size tires are you running? There are places you can wheel, a lot of clubs will split up in to two different groups when wheeling, we do a lot when we have a lot of vehicles on a ride. Some who want the hard trails, and others who have rigs not as capable and tackle easy to medium trails. You would be surprised what a stock to mildly modified jeep will do, especially if you have good spotters. Most clubs are happy to work with you, especially if you're an inexperienced driver.
Old 02-19-2011, 06:29 PM  

Grayson, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ionakana View Post
what size tires are you running? There are places you can wheel, a lot of clubs will split up in to two different groups when wheeling, we do a lot when we have a lot of vehicles on a ride. Some who want the hard trails, and others who have rigs not as capable and tackle easy to medium trails. You would be surprised what a stock to mildly modified jeep will do, especially if you have good spotters. Most clubs are happy to work with you, especially if you're an inexperienced driver.
This ^
The most important thing is to find a group you are comfortable with and find out just how capable your Jeep is the way it is set up now.
One of the advantages of getting with a good group is learning from the more experienced drivers and spotters. They will also be able to show you the legal trails that are available to you in this area. Please remember, just because people are riding there does not mean it is legal. It is important for our sport that we stay on open and legal trails and follow the Tread Lightly guidelines.
Old 02-21-2011, 01:08 PM  

Finishing up my xj this month.....
will be looking for a club to join shortly thereafter...

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Bookmark this Page!