Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Click Here to Login

Old 11-29-2010, 11:02 PM  

Atlanta, GA
Sushi

I'm looking for the best Sushi places in Atlanta.

Old 12-04-2010, 11:14 AM  

Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by dplin2001 View Post
I'm looking for the best Sushi places in Atlanta.
I like Ru San's in midtown; some folks say the sushi isn't the best of the best, but you can't beat the atmosphere - loud dance mix, eccentric crowd (lots of artists and musicians)
and Saki bombs at the bar (one couple orders one and next thing the whole bar is lined with the pint topped with chop stiks and a shot of saki - everyone starts pounding on the bar until they drop in, then SLAM!) My wife and I were there one time and the chef made her a naughty little man out of an orange peel - it was awesome.

Old 12-04-2010, 08:52 PM  

Atlanta, GA
Tucker/Decatur/Stone Mountain

Just outside the perimeter (in Tucker) is a great place we love to frequent, Kochi:

Kochi Sushi & Hibachi - Tucker, GA
Old 12-05-2010, 08:08 AM  

Cumming, Georgia
Ru Sans is the best.
Old 12-05-2010, 11:14 AM  

Savannah
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsunshades View Post
I like Ru San's in midtown; some folks say the sushi isn't the best of the best, but you can't beat the atmosphere - loud dance mix, eccentric crowd (lots of artists and musicians)
and Saki bombs at the bar (one couple orders one and next thing the whole bar is lined with the pint topped with chop stiks and a shot of saki - everyone starts pounding on the bar until they drop in, then SLAM!) My wife and I were there one time and the chef made her a naughty little man out of an orange peel - it was awesome.
They may not have the fanciest food, but they have a dollar menu. And that makes it good.
Old 12-06-2010, 02:59 PM  

Atlanta, Georgia
Good sushi places I have been to and enjoyed:

Minato, Orient Express, Genki (fun atmosphere on Thursday night's), MF Sushi Bar (good fish), Harry and Sons (my favorite overall when considering quality of the fish and the ambiance).
Old 12-07-2010, 12:51 PM  

Atlanta, Georgia
I also think that Ru Sans is the best. I usually go to the location at Edgewood and it is pretty good. Not the best sushi ever, but great value. Maybe the fact that they get alot of business helps them to keep their sushi sales fast, and thus have relatively fresh stuff, which is very important for sushi.
Old 12-07-2010, 03:12 PM  

Atlanta, GA
My wife and I both got sick after eating at a Ru Sans and we will never go back. I wasn't a big fan of theirs anyway. The atmosphere never appealed to me. I want to eat my food in a place that is relaxed and relatively peaceful and pleasant. Thaicoon Sushi in downtown Marietta qualifies and they have weekday $1 menu as well as authentic Thai food.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:02 AM  

Woodstock, GA
RuSans is pretty good, but in the later years there seems to be a lot of cream cheese in their sushi. Not sure when cream cheese became a Japanese sensation! Especially in their lunch buffet.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:42 PM  

Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodell View Post
RuSans is pretty good, but in the later years there seems to be a lot of cream cheese in their sushi. Not sure when cream cheese became a Japanese sensation! Especially in their lunch buffet.
Ru San's (at least the one I go to on Moreland @ Dekalb) has been doing an overwhelming amount of Tempura. I second the call that they have too much cream cheese in their sushi.

Their lunch buffet is ~$12 and is all you can eat. Definitely the best deal for sushi if you can put it away like I can.

I've found MF Sushi to be way overpriced when I was in there several years ago.

Harriet and Son's is good. My second recommendation if you want a more quiet atmosphere than Ru San's.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Bookmark this Page!