Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Click Here to Login

Old 07-24-2011, 03:21 PM  
Traveler

Where to find cards, pictures of Atlanta landmarks?

I don't know where I found 2 cards that I saved--one of the Fox and the other of 5 Points/the Candler Bldg. The artist is Henk Brinkman--Decatur, I can call him. They are great--black and white--? lithographs--not certain how to properly describe them.

The Atlanta History center had a few postcards--civil war and 1940's.

Eagle Eye books at North Decatur has a few. I looked around Decatur and didn't see a shop that looked promising--nothing in VA HI either.

This is the sort of souvenir that I would want if I visited Atlanta and also the sort of thing I would send as a gift to someone as a keepsake from Atlanta.

I know there is a nice ceramic gallery in Stone Mountain--that carries local artists--Southern Artistry, IIRC. I can try them.
http://southernartistry.homestead.com/index.html

Any other thoughts--this is kind of sad---hopefully the Atlanta Preservation Society will have some thoughts. If I visited I wouldn't begin to know where to go to find something that I would really want as a keepsake from a trip.

tia

Old 07-24-2011, 06:25 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Henk's online albums are closed and nothing much comes up under combinations of Candler & Henk.
Where to find cards, pictures of Atlanta landmarks?-candler-bldg-atl.jpg 

Where to find cards, pictures of Atlanta landmarks?-candler-building-atlanta-georgia.jpg 

Where to find cards, pictures of Atlanta landmarks?-candlerbldg.jpg 

Where to find cards, pictures of Atlanta landmarks?-candler_gallery_6.jpg 

Where to find cards, pictures of Atlanta landmarks?-candler_building.jpg 

Old 07-24-2011, 06:41 PM  
Traveler

those are great thanks. I guess I am lucky to have the 2 cards by Henk that I have.

So strange---someone would be smart to offer more things like this. I know I wouldn't particularly care to take home something that was 'kitchy' from a visit to the ATL. Perhaps others do. I was able to purchase some nice prints of pictures of Boston when I visited there--seems like NYC offers some nice drawings of their historical areas.

So Atlanta just doesn't 'Do That'---shoot ourselves in the foot again.

jmo.

I will find something---lived here all my life and I will find out where these treasures are kept.

adding yet another item to the ever growing list.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:00 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
I will find something---lived here all my life and I will find out where these treasures are kept.
Ask Henk, he's on Facebook & Twitter.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:00 PM  

Atlanta Preservation Center and Historic Pictures

You're not going to get any response from the Atlanta Preservation Center about pictures. They have none. A former Director of Education had an incredible collection that she shared with me often (if copyright was not an issue) but since that was her collection I hope she took it with her when she got out of there.

Ebay and other auction sites are all I know for finding both those historic photographs and postcards that are out there in some quantity and those that are rare.

Bebe
Old 08-07-2011, 09:21 PM  
Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe30305 View Post
You're not going to get any response from the Atlanta Preservation Center about pictures. They have none. A former Director of Education had an incredible collection that she shared with me often (if copyright was not an issue) but since that was her collection I hope she took it with her when she got out of there.

Ebay and other auction sites are all I know for finding both those historic photographs and postcards that are out there in some quantity and those that are rare.

Bebe
This is very strange to me.

At a yard sale or similar place I bought two little watercolors of the city skyline and need to decide how to frame them. Once, years ago--maybe at the Piedmont Arts festival I bought two inexpensive prints of victorian houses.
When I visited San Francisco--you could buy prints like that everywhere. There are many artists in Atlanta --what is the problem?
I bought a print of the Forsyth Fountain in Savannah. There were many options to purchase such things there.

The Brookhaven Arts Festival is held in the fall--I will look there. I doubt that I would find something like this at the Yellow Daisy Festival. There are festivals in Marietta and maybe Roswell---I will try to find dates on them.

spanx
Old 04-24-2021, 04:36 PM  

Unknown city landmark poster Atlanta.

I recently acquired a piece of art that is signed Bohannon and dated 71. I was wondering if you might know who the artist was? I bought it at an antique store in Nashville Tn.
Where to find cards, pictures of Atlanta landmarks?-20210421_170527.jpg 

Where to find cards, pictures of Atlanta landmarks?-20210420_173459.jpg 

Where to find cards, pictures of Atlanta landmarks?-20210420_131734.jpg 

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Bookmark this Page!