Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Austin
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-08-2010, 01:57 PM  

Austin, Texas
Interesting, guess I will have to give NXNW another try. When I went I was not at all impressed with the Hefe. Tried a few 512 beers, a few Real Ale beers, and they were similarly poor. Maybe I have just had bad luck and need to give them all another try.

Old 12-08-2010, 07:37 PM  
Supporting Member

Leander, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by duffmann808 View Post
Tried a few 512 beers, a few Real Ale beers, and they were similarly poor..
Well we obviuously have different tastes in beer

Old 12-10-2010, 07:18 AM  

Austin, TX
I haven't seen Draught House and Love Joy's mentioned. They're not traditional "breweries", but they both make their own beer.
Old 12-12-2010, 10:19 AM  

Austin, Texas
Draught House is a great place to go for beer.

I am not the biggest fan of NXNW, the beer is always flat. I just don't understand why they can't seem to get the beer carbonated there. Which is why I am less than impressed with Independence also.

Real Ale does make some fine beer tho!
Old 12-15-2010, 10:56 AM  

Tyler, Texas
If you are ever in Houston, St. Arnold Brewery is great too. You can show up at 11am on Saturday with food, get a glass and 4 glass full "tastings" for 7 bucks!
Old 12-15-2010, 04:45 PM  

For brew pubs...

The Draught House makes some good house beers. Note that their selection fully rotates. That is, there are no house beers that are always available. Good for variety over the year, bad if they don't brew your favorite house beer often.

I also like Lovejoy's. Well, I enjoy their beer... the place could stand to be a little nicer. If you can get past the punk-dive aesthetic, there is good beer to be had inside.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:47 PM  

League City, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmarc View Post
If you are ever in Houston, St. Arnold Brewery is great too. You can show up at 11am on Saturday with food, get a glass and 4 glass full "tastings" for 7 bucks!
Don't forget to mention that St. Arnolds is also open weekdays for afternoon tours! I believe the times are 2:30-4ish pm. Check their website for more details. It's a great time. Very kid-friendly!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Austin
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads