Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Austin
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-22-2010, 02:08 PM  
Commodore

San Marcos, Texas
What no Poodle Dog Lounge fans? Last time we went there a girl came out back where we were smoking exposed herself to us then urinated just a few feet away, ugh.

Old 11-22-2010, 02:16 PM  

Austin, Texas
The Gingerman for sure. Dog and Duck as well.

LiveOak for microbrew. Haven't had a chance to check out (512) but hear good things about it.

BTW - Austin Home Brew Supply for everything you need to do it yourself at home!

Old 11-22-2010, 02:48 PM  

Austin, TX
I really like NxNW; its a at least once a month lunch meeting place for some friends and I. Really good burgers, in addition to having some good brew. They also have a cask conditioned beer night on the last Monday of the Month. Members of the Zealots (an Austin Homebrew Club) often have their roaming happy hour here on cask night. Here is link to the beer menu (http://nxnwbrew.com/beer.php) I really like the Okanogan Black Ale (right now they have it aged in a whiskey barrel under the name Black Jack)
Old 11-22-2010, 03:00 PM  

Austin, TX
I would also put the Draught House (Welcome to The Draught House Pub & Brewery in Austin, TX) in the top places. Centrally located, with an awesome selection of beer including their own. The food is eh, but the beer and the atmosphere are fantastic. This is another place frequented by the Zealots roving happy hour. Like somebody else mentioned, it is usually crowded esp around Happy Hour on a nice day, but in true Austin fashion you can bring your own camping chair and sit in the parking lot
Old 11-22-2010, 03:05 PM  

Austin, TX
Somebody already mentioned it... but I'll say it again, Uncle Billy's (Uncle Billy's) Another favorite of the Roving Happy hour. It is just South of the river on your way from Lamar to Zilker Park. Any time my wife and I come out for a Saturday walk around the river we always stop in here. The BBQ is good but the beer is better.
Old 12-01-2010, 01:06 PM  

Austin, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
What no Poodle Dog Lounge fans? Last time we went there a girl came out back where we were smoking exposed herself to us then urinated just a few feet away, ugh.
I love the Poo Dog! Once a toothless old lady came over to a buddy and me. She gave us a dollar to play some music on the jukebox. When we asked why she didn't just play the songs herself she informed us it was because she couldn't read, sad but not surprising.

The Draught House is great, and I also really like the beers at Uncle Billy's Brew and Que on Barton Springs.
Old 12-01-2010, 01:19 PM  

Austin, Texas
Black Star Coop has a great selection of beer on tap, and starting in mid-December they'll have their own beers on tap as well. I thought the food was pretty good, too.

They are located in the new development where Airport hits Lamar, along the new MetroRail line (Crestview Station).

And for about a hundred bucks they will let you become an owner. First cooperatively owned brewpub in the U.S.
Old 12-01-2010, 02:44 PM  

Austin, Texas
I'm a big fan of the Draught House near 45th and Medical. It's a very chill community spot, but still has a fantastic selection.

Cheers!
Old 12-01-2010, 02:49 PM  

Austin, Texas
Of course I need to at least mention that Austin has both a Flying Saucer and a Gingerman. Essentials.
Old 12-05-2010, 07:18 AM  

Austin, Texas
+1 for Draught House. This is mainly because it was the first real "Beer bar" I went to when I was 22. ME and my buddy would go on tuesdays. Back then you could get a 22oz pour of their house beers for like $2.25. I still go there because I've always lived in North Austin, and it was the easiest for all my crew to get too. I also like supporting a small business instead of a chain, aka Saucer.

Uncle Billy's is good too, but their food is just awful. Ok, awful is harsh, it's woefully average. I go there for the beer, and if they are lucky I order a snack.

I've never had a meal at NXNW. I get my growler filled there on occasion. They are definitely a more upscale brewpub. I did get two of their kegs for my wedding though. Their kegs are only $100, which is awesome considering a keg of budweiser is like $95.

Anyone been to The Dig Pub in Cedar Park? I stopped in to get a growler filled, and it looks pretty cool. They have maybe 15 taps, but, hey, it's in Cedar Park.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Austin
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads