Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Austin
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-05-2010, 08:54 AM  
Supporting Member

Leander, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by fivehoursfree View Post

Anyone been to The Dig Pub in Cedar Park? I stopped in to get a growler filled, and it looks pretty cool. They have maybe 15 taps, but, hey, it's in Cedar Park.
The Dig Pub is a great place, small neighborhood bar with a good selection of craft beers

Old 12-06-2010, 07:19 AM  

Austin, TX
I tried Black Star Co-op during Austin Beer Week. They had a quick tour, and plenty of beers on tap. The atmosphere makes me think it caters to technophiles, and feels cafe-like. Nice enough to sit and have a beer.

Old 12-06-2010, 05:22 PM  

Austin, Texas
Black Star is quickly becoming one of my favorites, though they do need to liven up the joint a bit. They cafe thing is a bit sterile. BB Rover's has a great selection and a nice atmosphere. Does the Gingerman still sport the same tap selection the old location did?
Old 12-07-2010, 07:55 AM  

Austin, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterPete View Post
Black Star Coop has a great selection of beer on tap, and starting in mid-December they'll have their own beers on tap as well. I thought the food was pretty good, too.

They are located in the new development where Airport hits Lamar, along the new MetroRail line (Crestview Station).

And for about a hundred bucks they will let you become an owner. First cooperatively owned brewpub in the U.S.
I *hangs head shamefully* still haven't gotten over there yet. I really hope that their model pays off, because it is a fantastic idea... and hopefully more places try it.
Old 12-07-2010, 02:14 PM  

Amarillo, Texas
I agree with the above that draught house and gingerman are good places. haven't been a lot of the others, unfortunately.
Old 12-08-2010, 01:40 PM  

Austin, Texas
I moved to Austin a year and a half ago, and have yet to be to a brewpub that really impressed me on the order of Goose Island or Schlafly.

When I want a good place to drink a beer and dont want to drive downtown, I will go to Little Woodrows on Parmer. Nice people and good times.

Obviously the Gingerman is the best if I dont mind the drive, which I usually do..
Old 12-12-2010, 10:27 AM  

Austin, Texas
I would have to say that the Draught House and Flying Saucer are my two favorites.

I am thinking I have to check out Black Star. I really do hope that they know how to carbonate a beer - there are too many places around here that serve beer flat.
Old 12-12-2010, 02:05 PM  

Manor, Texas
I love the Draught House. It was one of the first places I went to when I moved to Austin. I get cravings for their Vanilla Porter.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:36 PM  

The Draught House has good house beers, a constantly changing selection of good beers from around the world (mostly US), and a variable supply of cask beer.

One note: there is a line for the bar. I'm used to it, I wish other bars had a line instead of a free for all, but for some people it is a deal-killer.
Old 12-20-2010, 11:22 AM  

Austin, Texas
Out West of Austin in Bee Cave is a place called Fion's Wine Pub. They have 57 draft beers and not one is bud, miller or coors. They also have over 700 different beers in bottles in the walk in beer cave.

There's a Little Woodrow's around the corner with 30 taps.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Austin
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.